Birthday girl

I slowly open my eyes, I'm awake but it feels like I'm still sleeping.
"Goodmorning sunshine."
I look right into his beautiful blue eyes and smile. There's no better way to wake up. He brushes his hand through my hair.
"Come on, get dressed. Your dad and I made breakfast."
"You made breakfast with my dad?"
"Yes. We had the best fun. I'm thinking about changing you for him."
"Damon..."
I laugh and sit down on my bed.
"You had a bad night, didn't you?"
"Yep, but it's okay. I got my sleep."
I get up to look for the clothes I'm going to be wearing. I have to look nice today, I mean, it's my birthday. I'm celebrating it this afternoon. Kheila's coming and Jamillah, and of course Cassidy and Stefan. And I think Cassidy's mom is coming too. That's pretty much it. I don't have a big family. I take my pyjamas off and change into my clothes for today.
"Were you thinking too much?"
"Yeah, you know... Mom..."
"Just your mom or other things too?"
I look at him, he's clearly referring to something, but what?
"Elena, your dad told me that you want to study in LA. He thought I knew."
I look at him, I wanted to tell him, but I didn't know when or how.
"It's on the other side of the country, when were you planning on telling me?"
"I'm not even sure..."
"Your dad said you wanted this since you were 13. You obviously know what you want."
"Yeah, but I didn't know you than."
I sit down on my bed, next to him.
"Can we please talk about this later? I really don't feel like it today."
"You're right, I'm sorry. I'm ruining your birthday already."
"No, I swear, you're not. You're only making it better."
I take his hand.
"I'm glad you're here."
He smiles and lays his hands on my cheeks. He kisses me.
"Happy birthday."
I smile and kiss him again, I lay him down on my bed and kiss his neck. First he joins, but than he stops.
"Wait, Elena, seriously. Your dad and I made breakfast, I bet he and your sister are already waiting."
I pout and act disappointed. He whispers in my ear.
"We're finishing this soon."
I feel goosebumps. Than he stands up and takes me with him, were going downstairs and I see the house is decorated for my birthday. Dad and Rose start to sing as soon as they see us. Damon joins.
"Happy birthday to you..."
It doesn't seem like Rose finds it weird that Damon's here. I hug my little sister and dad and than we sit down and have breakfast. I'm enjoying it. I feel happy, even though I miss my mom.
"Time for presents!" Rose suddenly yells.
We all laugh.
"I want to go first!"
She runs upstairs and comes down with a present.
"For the best sister in the world."
"Thankyou." I give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Than I open it. It's a necklace and there's a paper with it which has a text on it, Rose wrote it herself. I read it out loud.
"This is for my strong sister. I'm proud of you, I always am. Your happiness makes me happy, so I hope it lasts long. You deserve it."
Damon's smiling at me and I look at him quickly.
"Thankyou Rose, it's beautiful. Can you put it on for me?"
She puts it on and it looks beautiful. I thank her again and than my dad gets up to get his present. He comes back and I can see him holding in his tears.
"My beautiful daughter." He always says that.
"I know you love music and you always wanted to go to a concert with mom. I got 2 tickets for Adele. You can choose who you want to go with."
I can't believe it, it's on my bucket list to see Adele live! I hug dad thight and thank him.
"Dad, I want you to go with me!"
"Of course."
I smile bright and everyone else is smiling too.
"Now, the last present for this morning."
I turn to Damon.
"I found out a while ago you love the beach. And I thought, I can take you to that restaurant again, but that's not original. So I went to look for some good hotels and I found something right in front of the beach. We're going to Florida next holidays."
My mouth's open and my eyes are big. Is he serious? He can't be serious?
"Are you serious?"
"Yes." He laughs.
"Oh my god, Damon!"
I hug him and kiss him.
"Ew!" Rose says.
I laugh and look into Damon's eyes.
"Thankyou."
He smiles at me. After all that we finish breakfast. Damon and I go upstairs to get ready for the birthday party.
"Damon! Seriously, come here." He walks over to me and I take his hands in mine.
"I can't believe we're really going to Florida! How are you going to pay for that?"
"You deserve it. And I have savings. Also, I feel like I'm going to get a job soon. Deborah let me know this morning that she talked to her boss and he was really excited. He wants to see me in two days."
"Are you serious? That's great news! I'm so happy for you!"
"I'm happy too. And all of this wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for you. Thankyou."
"No, you did this yourself. I'm proud of you."
He smiles.
"Now let's get ready to party."
We get ready and the time passes by, before we know it, Cassidy and Stefan are here. We welcome them. People keep coming, but not just the people that I thought were coming. I see all these people from school and from the neighbourhood. I look at Damon.
"Did you do this?"
"I mean, with a little help from Cassidy."
I look around, everywhere there's people.
"Was dad okay with this?"
"Yes. He said if we just invited people we know."
"You know all these people?"
"No, but Cassidy does."
I try not to laugh and turn my head away, but I must say I never expected this. Well, you're only turning 18 once. The rest of the day and night we have a lot of fun, Jamillah finally met Damon and it seems like they're getting along. We did karaoke and we danced. At 1am my dad makes sure everyone goes back home, except for my family and friends that I invited. Jamillah stays over, Kheila also does, and at 3 am Stefan, Cassidy and her mom leave. I had one of the greatest nights of my life. And Damon and I still have to finish what we started this morning, so it's going to end even better.