Chapter Seven

John's POV

I felt someone shaking me, but I could barely feel it. Still, it bothered me. I opened my eyes and saw Peggy. I rolled to another side, but fell off the couch. That sure hurt.

"Ouch, John." Peggy giggled.

"Yeah yeah.." I muttered, rubbing my eyes.

Peggy stared at me. Her hair was a bit messy that usual, and she was sweating a bit. I guess it was still hot for them to handle.

"John, get up! We're gonna chill at the community pool! Do it, cause tomorrow's school!" She kept shaking me, but a little harder.

Peggy may be small, but she is damn strong.

"Fffine." I stood up and Peggy fell over.

Nobody was really here, only Angelica and Eliza. Because it was their dorm.

"Hurry hurry hury!" Peggy pushed me out the door, laughing. I chuckled a bit as she closed it shut.

"Alright then." I said as I walked back to my dorm.

I walked in to see Herc wearing swiming trunks already.

"Yooo John! Finally you're here! Ready for the pool?" Herc looked at me. He was on our couch.

"Do I look like I'm ready?" I pointed to my whole body.

I was still wearing the clothes from yesterday, my hair was messed up.

"Just get ready." Herc chuckled.

I walked to my room and changed. I combed my hair a bit with a special brush (because my hair is curly and poofy af). I came out and at that exact moment Herc picked me up.

"Herc put me down." I declared.

"Nope. We gotta get there first to get good spots." Herc exclaimed.

He shut the door and ran to the car. I tried not to fall off as he ran. Damn he could run.

We got into the car and that's when he plopped me down. We hopped in and drove to the pool.

*** *** *** ***

When we walked to the pool, we already saw people there. Laf and Alex were splashing water at eachother in the pool, and Maria was on a lawn chair reading a magazine.

"Bonjour! Come in!" Laf said.

Alex launched on Laf and they both fell into the water. Maria waved at our direction, not keeping her eyes off her magazine.

"Hey Hercules, hey Johnathon." She said, still looking at her magazine.

Herc put all our things down and pushed me in. He cannon-balled in after I fell in. After I came up the water, Alex got off Laf and hugged me. He looked really cute.

"Cu-" Laf was cut off my someone splashing right next to him.

It was Eliza.

Angelica looked over her, not getting wet. Peggy put down a little donut floatie and sat on it, waving hello.

"Well, if it isn't Angelica, Eliza-" Alex tried to say.

"AND PEGGY!" Peggy screamed, interupting Alex.

She spun around in her donut. Laf had to grab it before it floated away.

Angelica waved hello and sat down next to Maria, taking out a book. Maria was reading The Reynolds Times and Angie read Common Sense.
Eliza kindly hugged each of us. We all knew she was the cinnamon roll in the group.

"Let's play something!" Eliza swam circling us. She had a big smile on her face.

"Let's do Wake The Dragon." Herc suggested.
We all nodded.

The rules are that there's someone (the dragon) on the other side of the pool. They have a key next to them. The task is to swim as quietly as possible towards them and grab the "key". If he heard you, he turns around and looks at you, and everyone who swam towards him goes back.

Me, Alex, Eliza, and Herc got on one side while Laf was on the other. Peggy just floated about; she wasn't playing.
Laf turned to face the trees in front of him. That was our signal to go.
Eliza took a quiet deep breath and swam underwater. Alex and I tried to walk over there as quietly as possible, but soon enough we couldn't reach the bottom. Herc went underwater as well, but came up coughing. Laf turned around and we all swam back to the beginning.

"You okay Herc?" I whispered.

"Yeah, just the pool water." Herc replied.

Alex gave a thumbs up. Eliza nodded and launched herself underwater and ended up behind Laf in 6 seconds, Laf not knowing. She grabbed the key and laughed.

"I HAVE SUCCEEDED!" She screamed.

*** *** *** ***

I stuffed all my notebooks, folders, and binders in my bag. I needed to be ready for tomorrow. Herc did the same and threw his bag across the living room.

"Herc!" I screamed.

"What? It's a tradition!" He said.

I shrugged and threw my bag as well.