Chapter Forty

Last chapter, hope you all enjoy!

Alex's POV

I smiled as I walked down to the park, Laf by my side. The whole gang had a picnic today, and it was gonna be relaxing. We've all been stressing and out of place.

Here's what's happens to far:
• Maria left our group. She said that it was time she separated from us, and was gone. People were worried about her but she wouldn't come back. John, Eliza and I never told anyone why she actually left.
• Herc and Angie became a thing! That's something! They hang out all the time now, so that's amazing!
• Lastly, I'm back together with John. How I love my John. He's the sweetest person I've ever met, and I could stare into his eyes forever and never get tired of them.

Laf and I turned a corner and saw everyone at the park already, sitting on blankets. They were all laughing at each other, telling jokes and stories.

We haven't done this in a while.
But they're always good times.

We walked up to them and set the food we brought onto the ground and said hello to everyone. John got up and wrapped his hands around me, pulling me into his embrace and kiss.

I missed so much about John. The time that I wasn't with him was terrible. He's the sun in my life, my world. Things aren't the same as it was before. It's like starting the relationship all over.

But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I sat down with John and wrapped an around him, looking at everyone else.

"What's going on over here?" I asked.

"You missed it!" Peggy squealed, laughing and kicking her legs. "James made a joke and Angie laughed so hard water came out of her nose!"

"Did not!" Angie yelled, clearly red of embarrassment.

"DID TOO! LOOK DOWN, THEY'RE ALL OVER ON YOUR SIDE OF THE BLANKET!"

Everyone started laughing again and Angie hid her face in Hero's shirt.

"Alright guys, we're done here. It already happened." Herc said.

Peggy crosses her arms and leaned back. "It's still funny."

We talked about his classes were and how school absolutely sucks when Laf pulled out his crepes. Everyone took one and ate them.

"Laf, you really are an angel." Herc moaned into his food.

"Merci."

"No, really," Eliza said, "I think you can become the next Gordon Ramsey."

Some of us chuckled. Laf smiled and waved his hand. "Merci, but that man is a legend. I don't think I'll be living that up anytime soon."

Eliza shrugged. "If you insist."

We ate in silence for a couple of minutes. It sounds awkward, but it was actually really nice. Being in each other's company was amazing.

"Holy shit," Angie suddenly said, "you'll never believe who I saw hanging with Jeffershit the other day."

We all looked at her. "Who?"

"Maria. Sounds like after all this time she's been after him."

Eliza seemed to hide a nervous gulp from everyone else, but not from me. She finished the last of her crepe and said,

"I don't think she's after him. She's just looking to be with a temporary group before she finds another one."

Angie rolled her eyes and Peggy scoffed. "She left you and you're still being nice about it?"

Eliza looked to the side and shrugged.

"Moving on," I said, "did you guys see Endgame?"

We spent the rest of the day screaming and laughing, about whatever it was. It was truly the best feeling in the world.

*** *** *** ***

"I love you."

John and I were under the covers in my bed. It was now 11:29 pm and everyone is already home. Laf's already asleep in his room, but not me.

"I know."

I turned and wrapped my arms around him. "No, I don't think you know that."

"I think I do, since we're both shirtless and cuddling together sharing the same bed."

I chucked. "Maybe. But I just needed to tell you. I love you so much, and I would do anything for you."

John blinked endearingly and I felt my heart skip a beat. The window in front of my bed was in the perfect spot- the moon twinkled against John, making his eyes glimmer and his freckles sparkle like their own constellations. His curly hair was everywhere, but it was as soft and silky as ever.

"I would do anything for you too. You writing me that letter feels like it happened only yesterday."

I closed my eyes for a brief second and sighed, remembering that. My hands were shaking and my palms were sweating when writing that, but in the end, it was all north it.

"Johnathon Laurens, make me the happiest man in the world and stay with me forever."

"Alexander Hamilton, I accept."