Chapter Four

Alex's POV

I unexpectedly woke up to someone knocking on the door. Laf woke up as well, he groaned and covered his face with his pillow. I slumped to the door and opened it.

It was... John.

John nervously rubbed the back of his neck. His face was red.

"H-Hi. I... ummm... read your letter... and I... umm... I-I feel the s-same way..." John stammered.

His freckles were pink.

I couldn't control myself and wrapped my arms around John's shoulders. John spun me around and landed on the floor, I was still on him. We laughed and stared at the ceiling.

"I really like you.." I muttered.

John kissed my forehead and I felt my face become hot.

"Me too." John replied.

Laf come to the living room and saw us on the floor.

"I guess you gus are a thing now." He said.

Me and John nodded happily.

Laf shrugged and went to eat something in their kitchen. Me and John followed him and sat down. Laf pulled out toast and butter and gave some to me. He asked John if he wanted anything but John already ate. Highly disregard that- it's 9:22 am. Laf sat down and as soon as he finished his toast he became fully awake.

"What do you like about our little Alex?" Laf asked and wiggles his eyebrows.

John played with a strand of his curly hair.

"H-He has a cute face and his eyes are bright as ever, and he has a cute personality..."

I coverer my hands over my face; I couldn't believe someone, especially John, would think of me that way. Laf uncovered one of my hands.

"What do you see in Johnny here?"
John snickered at what Laf said.

"Well.. John's so perfect. He's my size, but I'm sure he'll outgrow me. His freckles add a cute detail to his face, he has a wonderful character..." I muttered.

John stared at me, pink. Laf snickered as he went to a cabinet and pulled out a bag of rice.

"Laf, no..." John warned.

Laf got a handful of rice and threw it over our heads.

"I, Lafayette, pronounce you two as boyfriend and boyfriend."

I laughed as John tried to get the rice out of his poofy hair. He went to the bathroom to get everything off while I helped him and Laf cleaned off.

*** *** *** ***

We had finally gotten everything out of our hair. Laf and Herc were off somewhere with the Schuyler Sisters, so me and John were alone in my dorm.

"Sooo..." John stared at the ceiling.

"What if we walk around the campus? I know you already did it, but I'll show you the Alex way." I said proudly.

John grabbed my hand as we walked out the door.

We got icecream (come on, icecream's lit) and we sat down on a bench in front of the school. Last year was rough because I came from the Carribean, but I'm used to it now, especially with John with me.

"What are you gonna major in?" Jon blurted, licking his icecream.

"Law." I stated.

John stared at me. "But isn't law, like, super hard?"

I shrugged and John wrapped an arm around my waist. "I'll have a boyfriend genius!"

"That's what you think." I replied.

We chuckled for a bit and them calmed down. We finished our icecream and talked about something else. Then I noticed a specific someone looking at me. I grabbed John's hand and walked away.

"Alex..? What's happening?" John asked.

I didn't reply.

I was not about to deal with Jefferson.

We sat down somewhere else and John was blowing up with questions.

"Why are we here? Why did we move? Why don't you answer me?" He kept asking.

"Look, I just felt like moving." I said.

I wasn't about to tell him about Thomas and how me picks on me.

"Alex, please! I wanna know!" He held my hand over his heart. I sighed.

"Thomas Jefferson. He's basically the school bully. He picks on people in the school, and let's just say I'm not on his good side." I mumbled that last part.

"Oh, I've met him! He was being rude to Maria so me and Herc pissed him away." John said.

I stared at John. He's already pissed him off? Shit. Now we gotta be extra careful.

"Wanna go home?" John asked.

I nodded as we walked home. He held my hand and I gripped it.

*** *** *** ***

We were at my dorm, watching Sing Street. John had never watched it, so I was forcing him. My favorite scene was on when Laf came through the door and watched it with us. Herc as well. We were all gathered on the couch. Me and John were sharing a blanket, cuddling in the corner. Laf and Herc were just there.

After Sing Street we binge-watched more movies until we fell asleep.