Chapter Twenty-Seven

John's POV

All I saw was darkness.
Darkness darkness

I only was certain of one thing-everything hurt. And it was all because of that little prick Lee.

I peeled my eyes open and was blinded by bright lights. I squinted at the sudden change and tried to sit up.

"JOHN!"

I didn't even have time to prepare myself as the whole gang basically toppled on me, hugging me. It didn't matter how small the bed I was lying on was, they all managed to fit.

"Guys, get off, and what happened?" I said as calmly as possible, and everyone got off.

"Well, I was going back to our flag because I heard severe screams from that way, and I see Charles basically beating you up, babygirl." Alex sad, sitting beside me anyways and kissing my neck.

"Mr.Washington has to call off the fight." Laf butted in.

Everyone stayed quiet for a bit. I just let Alex kiss my neck continuously since it felt good (as he looked hot I mean come on).

"Good news though, we won!" Angie broke the silence, smiling a bit.

"Who got the flag?" I asked.

"Me."

I look to the back of the room and see James sitting there, looking at me and smiling slightly.

"Really? How did you get past everyone unnoticed?"

"No one really pays attention to me... and plus, Aaron was the one guarding the flag, he doesn't care about anything but his future and own pride."

Everyone nodded at the last part.

Alex's POV

"Now what?" John asked, waving James over to us.

John, my beautiful boy. I had no idea why someone would hurt him like that, I don't know what Charles has against him. But even with that, John decided to smile through it right now.
This is one of the reasons I so dearly love him.

"Well, you have to stay here for the rest of the afternoon, so that's already our day wasted. At night we have the bonfire, though!" Peggy exclaimed happily, clapping her hands.

"Wait, when's the bonfire?" I asked, now sitting with John with an arm around him as he lay his head on my arm.

"First of all, it's at 7. Second of all, that's gay." Peggy replied.

"Peggy. We're dating. We're both men. Plus, all of us here are gay!"

"Have you forgotten me and Laf are dating?"

"Okay, most of us are gay!"

"I'm not gay!" Herc said.

"Oh please. You're as gay as you're hair." Maria fired.

"It's curly."

"Exactly."

Everyone starting laughing except for Herc, who's face flushed as he excused himself to the bathroom.

We all stayed in with John for a while before the girls wanted to refresh themselves in the lake. Laf went with Peggy, so me, James, and Herc stayed with John the whole rest of the day. It wasn't until it was 6:30 that was remembered about the bonfire that night and that everyone else was waiting for us, and we panicked and ran over there.