as if it's your last : tobi-q

little bit of that

little bit of this
little bit of that
gimme gimme gimme
gimme little bit of that

back in his junior high days, kageyama tobio was known as the infamous king of the court. he was known for his genius setter abilities and was feared by opponents. however, he had a tendency to give fast tosses whenever he felt his enemy was too strong. and when his teammates can't hit the ball, he'd yell at them to run and spike faster. this caused him to lose his teammates' loyalty in him.

neo mwonde jakku saenggakna
jajonsim sanghae aega ta
eolguri tteugeobgo gaseumeun gyesok ttwieo
nae momi mamdaero andwae eojireowo

he barely had friends until he came to karasuno high. it was the place where he found true teammates and her.

her name was qq, and she had used her music abilities to secure a spot in karasuno. she was the combination of hinata, nishinoya and bokuto rolled into one. just with the ability to play three different instruments.

neon han jumui morae gata
jabhil deut jabhiji anha
neon swibji anheun geol geuraeseo deo kkeullyeo
nae mami mamdaero andwae eoieopseo

he fell in love with her. he loved everything about her. from her high-pitched voice, loud laughter and unladylike swearing; he loved them all.

however, he felt she was out of his league. he thought she was too talented for him; she deserved someone who could play as many instruments as she could. he thought she should be with a guy that could actually make her happy, unlike him.

jigeum neoreul wonhaneun
nae sumgyeori neukkyeojini
neol barabogo isseodo
missing you
seotun nal won’t you set me free

qq sat in the classroom, annotating her scores with the appropriate fingerings and the correct dynamics to let her fellow section musicians copy from (since the teacher left he in charge of fingerings). she scrunched her nose a little with her tongue stuck out at the side as she thought for a moment, then scribbled some more things down.

kageyama glanced at her from the window, not wanting to disturb her, but wishing he could be like her in some sort of way, knowing music and being able to discuss them with her, like her friends. she knew a thing or two about volleyball, but him and music? nothing.

he could only stand and watch her from the sidelines.

baby nal teojil geotcheoreom anajwo
geuman saenggakhae mwoga geuri eoryeowo
geojitmalcheoreom kiss haejwo naega neoege
majimak sarangin geotcheoreom

"teach me."

qq glanced up to look at him, "what?"

"you heard me," he said calmly, "teach me."

she sighed, then stood up and gestured at the piano chair, allowing him to sit down.

"just so you know, i suck at teaching," she informed him as he settled himself down, "okay, now place your right hand on the piano."

he followed her instructions, and she guided his hand to a white key, saying, "this is middle c."

he pressed a finger down, the piano emitting a sound.

majimakcheoreom mamamajimakcheoreom
majimak bamin geotcheoreom love
majimakcheoreom mamamajimakcheoreom
naeil ttawin eopsneun geotcheoreom

the stars twinkled above the two as they walked home together. once they were near her house, she turned around to face him and said, "well, thanks for walking me home. ja ne."

before the moment could disintegrate into a million tiny pieces, he engulfed her into a tight hug. she was taken aback, but let her arms wrap themselves around his torso naturally.

"are... are you okay?" she whispered.

"i just..." he whispered as he lowered his head, "i'm going to say this once."

he took a breath, "i like you. a lot. for a while now. i like everything about you; your smile, laugh, the way you talk, swear, play your instruments. you're amazing and talented, and i want you to know that."

she glanced up at him and stared at him with rounded eyes. he met her gaze for a moment; their eyes locked. he then began to blush and he averted his gaze.

she chuckled and rested her head against his chest and whispered, "in that case, i like you, too."

translations

little bit of that
little bit of this
little bit of that
gimme gimme gimme
gimme little bit of that

who are you to make me keep thinking of you?
my pride is bruised, i’m burning up
my face is hot, my heart keeps racing
i can’t control my body, i’m getting dizzy

you’re like a fistful of sand
it’s like i can hold you but i can’t
you’re not easy, that’s why i want you more
i can’t control my heart, it’s ridiculous

can you feel my breath
wanting you right now
even when i’m looking at you
i'm missing you
i'm so bad at this, won’t you set me free

baby, hold me till i explode
stop thinking, what’s so hard about this?
kiss me like it’s a lie
as if i’m your last love

as if it’s the last, as, as, as if it’s the last
as if it’s the last night, love
as if it’s the last, as, as, as if it’s the last
as if there’s no tomorrow

word count ; 691
date published ; 040917

a/n ; well guess who's slowly slipping into kpop hell bc of karaoke last week thanks to shanz + also surprisingly vvv little use of weeb here wowow + wattpad's being an ass and not letting me upload the song screw you :)))