words : tadarah

the confession series, part 03

+

everyone had a fear of being left behind, or alone, at a certain level. didn't they?

this was especially so for sarah, considering how she never had much friends in her junior high days. this was why she treasured and cherished all of her friends and was afraid that they would leave her. hence, she would hold the string of relationships she had tightly with a clenched fist.

one of her closest friends was a certain boy named yamaguchi tadashi. he was one of her most precious friends, and she was afraid of losing him.

to be speaking honestly, yamaguchi wasn't exactly her closest friend. he was her crush, and she never dared to say anything, lest she scared him off. she found happiness in their current relationship, and that was all that satisfied her.

"hey, sarah?" tadashi said one day as they sat on the swings at a nearby park.

she hummed in response, allowing him to continue, "do you think our friendship would last forever, even in our old age?"

sarah felt that as a stab to her heart. that's right, 'friendship'. they would only be friends, nothing more.

"there's no such thing as 'forever', yams," she said, "'forever' is just a term coined by humans to let others think that there is such a thing as infinity, when there really isn't. everyone's life has an expiry date, and those elixirs that qin shi huang was looking for doesn't exist."

"since forever isn't real, why don't we make our friendship better?" he suggested.

"i don't get it?" she said, shooting him a curious look.

"let's make our relationship better by changing our status from friends to lovers," he said, glancing at her with a smile.

her face turned red in a moment of seconds. his face paled; had he gone too far?

"i-i'm sorry!!!" he yelled, "i—"

"it's fine!" she said, her face slowly regaining their normal human colouring, then continuing slowly, "and yes, let's take our relationship to a higher level."

word count ; 335
date published ; 110917

a/n ; smooth yams smooth 👏👏 also i probably write too many confession scenarios for tadarah and this is another one