to let go : tobi-q

kageyama watched her from afar, how qq smiled and laughed at whatever [r/b/n] was saying. she was so happy and free when she was around him, so much happier then when she was by his side.

whenever she was next to him, she'd always tell him something which would end up in either the both of them laughing really hard, or her cheeks turning red and her hitting his arm, telling him to shut up, and him doubling over in laughter.

anyway, let's face it. she'd rather go for a guy that was just as musically inclined, was academically stable, and had a personality of a literal disney prince like [r/b/n], right? not guys that played sports and reeked from sweat, could barely get decent grades unless he tried really hard, and had a personality of an egoistic and controlling king like him, right?

he closed his eyes and swiveled away. at this point, he heard a voice he would never have expected to hear.

"hey, kageyama-san! isn't that qq over there with [r/b/n]?" hinata said.

"urusai," he muttered, his fists clenching at his sides.

"don't you like her?" the middle blocker asked incredulously, "shouldn't you tell her how you feel?"

the setter shook his head as a few stray tears began to fall from his glittering blue eyes like pearls, his fists unclenching slowly, "maybe... maybe it's time for me to let go."

word count : 241
date published : 121017

a/n : i'm in the mood for sum angst lmao + also there were these two girls from my malay class and were discussing the difference between "boku" and "ore" (yes there is a slight difference)