potions : shonnon

magic au

+

"shouyou!"

the orange-headed pixie turned around at the call. a short dark-haired girl was running up to him, eyes sparkling and a bright flowery aura surrounding her. her neon pink jacket was tied loosely around her waist and fluttered in the wind as well as her untied hair.

"hi shanz!" he said excitedly as she stopped short in front of him.

"can you help me with something?" the mermaid asked.

"yeah, what is it?" he asked.

"could you... i don't know... whip up a sort of spell that could make my tail sparkly?" she asked, sparkles in her eyes.

"ehh?"

"you know! i just wanted to make my tail look shinier when underwater and i know you make spells and potions and all! help me, onegai?"

she gave him her best puppy-dog eyes as she clasped her hands together.

"shanz, i may be a pixie, but i'm not really good with the potions and stuff," he said, his eyebrows furrowed, "you know my magicalness doesn't compare to that of fairies and witches. maybe you could ask qq or kageyama to help?"

"kageyama won't do it, and qq's too busy after school to whip up a potion," she said, "you're the only one left that can help me!"

he sighed, "i can try."

her eyes glittered with delight as she clapped her hands together.

"great! meet me outside school once school ends! we can go to my house to do it!"

+

the two stepped into the kitchen. shanz's dad was at work, her mom was out for the day, and her younger brother was at his friend's house for a playdate, which left her alone at home with hinata to do some experimenting.

"okay!" she said excitedly as they explored the cupboards, "what are the ingredients?"

"um, it says here sugar, water and rosewater," he answered, jabbing at some spell 'cookbook' which her mother happened to have.

she managed to get the sugar and water, but she was too short to reach for the rosewater kept in a cabinet far out of her reach. if she had been a fairy, it would have been easy for her to sprout out her wings and get it. unfortunately, she was stuck being a mermaid.

"let me!" he said as he reached out to get it.

"thanks shouyou," she said as they placed their ingredients on the tabletop, "now let's see... we need to boil the water."

"on it!" hinata raced to get the boiler on and going, boiling the liquid up.

shanz mixed the rosewater and sugar as mentioned in the book, then poured it into the boiling broth. they waited for a while more, then he turned it off and let the mixture cool. she poured the potion into a vial she found and capped it up.

"thanks again for your help, shouyou!" she said with a smile.

"you're welcome!" he said with a bright grin on his face.

word count ; 490
date published ; 100917

a/n ; happy kagehina day !!!!! also ironic how i posted a shonnon instead lolzor