thank you : shonnon

the confession series, part 01

+

as everyone knows, hinata shouyou was the small middle-school-looking first year on karasuno's boys volleyball team. he was energetic and wasn't afraid of voicing his opinions out to a degree. he could call kageyama names and take being hit, but he couldn't bring himself to confess to his crush.

yes, the small orangehead had a crush. his crush was on a short girl with a belief about unicorns. her name was shanz.

"ne, sugawara-san?" he said.

the said senpai hummed in response, "yes, hinata?"

hinata's eyebrows bunched together as he asked, "how do you know if the girl you like likes you back?"

"ehh?" sugawara was caught off-guard, he himself not knowing much about this topic, "well, i'm not really an expert in that area..."

"j-ja, how do you confess to a girl you like?" the middle blocker asked.

"you could just tell her how you really feel," the setter offered, "what you feel deep down."

+

"shanz!"

the said girl turned around with her friends standing clustered around her. her cheeks flushed pink for a brief moment before she responded with a "hi shouyou!"

"c-could i talk to you for a minute?" he asked, before adding, "i-if you're free, that is!"

her friends made "ooohs" and wiggled their eyebrows as they gave her nudges when she stepped forward. whispers of "go get it!" were heard as she turned around to give them death glares.

hinata brought her to a little corner. she was unsure of what to think about it until she saw him bow and say, "i really really really like you!! would you go out with me??!!"

he closed his eyes tightly, expecting the worse. after this, he's going to run straight home, lock himself in his room, and—

"okay."

"eeeeehhhhhh??" he said as he stood back up.

"i said okay," she repeated, a small grin on her face.

his eyes sparkled as a huge grin made its way onto his face. he grabbed her into his arms and said, "thank you, shanz!!"

her arms wrapped around him as she smiled and whispered, "no, thank you, shouyou."

word count ; 357
date published ; 110917

a/n ; is today tsukikage day?!;;!?;!?