rainbow : shonnon

find that person who is the rainbow through your storm.

everyone has a secret fear, whether it's big or small. hinata's particular fear is thunder. whenever a storm brews, the clapping of thunder sends hinata turning pale and jumping in fright.

this night, shanz had been rather hungry. being lazy to whip up something to eat, she decided to go to the nearby starbucks and grab a cake or something.

"why can't we just cook instant noodles?" hinata whined as shanz dragged him along the road.

"because i'm lazy," she said as they walked along, "and who wouldn't get a starbucks cake?"

he made a constipated noise as they continued braving the road down. as if on cue, lightning flashed across the black sky, thunder clapping. hinata shrieked as he jumped.

shanz stopped as she turned around to scrutinise his facial expression. his eyes were widened, lips quivering. his natural human face colouring had been drained and was replaced with a pale white colour. she squeezed his hand and said, "it's alright, shouyou."

"i-i'm s-scared," he stammered, body shaking, "i want to go home!"

she wrapped her arms around his skinny torso and buried her face in his chest. his breaths were still ragged, chest heaving up and down in shaky and unstable movements.

"it's going to be okay," she whispered, rubbing comforting circles on his back, "we're almost there."

he nodded and gave her a quick squeeze before she let go and they headed towards their destination, this time running.

as her hair whipped along the breeze that was generated while running, he was sure she was his rainbow through every storm.

word count ; 275
date published ; 210917

a/n ; atb for eoys friends !!! (9•v•)9 hwaiting !!!