good ending : shonnon

the door was closed, acting as a barrier between her and the real world. the only thing that could be heard was the mystic messenger soundtrack, or the occasional sounds of korean boys or girl speaking.

there was a knock at the door, then it opened. hinata poked his head around the door to see shanz lying flat on the bed, phone in front of her face. empty bags of chips as well as opened cans of soda lay carelessly on the carpet.

"shanz?"

the said girl's eyebrows furrowed, "later, shouyou, i'm busy."

he frowned, "when is 'later'? you've been saying that for the last few days whenever i came into your room."

she didn't answer. he walked up next to her and peered at her screen. a visual novel of zen was playing.

"you've been playing that same game for weeks now," he said, a little ticked off, "it's as though" — his voice went quieter — "you don't care about me anymore."

shanz paused the game and sat up straight, tossing her phone facedown on her sheets.

"i care about you, shouyou," she said, "i will and always will."

she opened her arms for a hug, which he tearfully accepted. they both fell onto the bed and he let his few stray tears stain the sheets. she rubbed his back gently and said, "i'm sorry, okay?"

he buried his face into her shoulder, "yeah, you'd better be."

extended

once he let go, she reached for her phone and continued playing.

"what's so interesting about it?" hinata groaned.

"shush, shouyou!" shanz said, playfully silencing the male, "i have to concentrate to click the correct responses! i want to get a good ending!"

"we'll have a good ending too, right?" he asked hopefully.

"yeah, we will," she said with a smile, "and our good ending will be my favourite."

word count ; 306
date published ; 140917

a/n ; hbd kakeru and sousuke !!!