1

{ Eyes }

Myunghee ;

"Minjae ah! He has already left and now, not you too!", my grandpa pleaded desperately as he watched my mother at the door with her luggage.

"What will you do about our Myunghee?!", he asked as he held my five year old frail form in his arms.

"I don't care about that girl anymore", my mom spat as she gave me a cold shoulder.

I struggled out from my grandpa's embrace and hugged my mother's knees as tears kept streaming down my cheeks.

"Eomma! I'll never do anything to make you mad again so please don't go! I will do all the cooking and cleaning too so please don't leave!", I shouted as I didn't let go of my grasp on her.

She pushed me and I fell onto this cold tiles with my back leaning against it.

"Myunghee ah!!! Minjae, how could you do this to your own daughter?!", my grandpa yelled as he helped me sit up.

"I should have never given birth to you", she coldly uttered as she exited the house.

Eomma...

That's right...

Someone like me should never associate with people...

Because I will end up reading their minds and hurt them.

It's okay if I am alone... This is a lot better than watching people you care about leaving you...

Yes, I choose to be alone...

My whole existence is a curse...

• • •

"So everyone, this is Han Myunghee, the new transfer student", the class teacher, Mr Kang introduced me to my whole class.

I bowed down 45 degrees and introduced myself, "Anneyonghaseyo. I am Han Myunghee. Please take a good care of me"

"This girl looks like she's going to be a pain to deal with", I heard the class teacher's mind.