9

{ Walls }

Myunghee ;

"Myunghee ah... You have to be a good girl even if harabeoji won't be beside you, okay?", my grandpa's weak hand slowly travelled to my cheeks as he gently caressed them.

"Andwae harabeoji. Please don't leave me! You're all I got!", I pleaded desperately as tears kept streaming down my cheeks.

"Ani. Even though this may not be the right time yet, I am sure this angel granddaughter of mine will soon meet people who will accept just the way you are", he gave me his weak smile.

"Please don't leave me harabeoji. Please...", I held onto the hands of the sickly man who is lying down on the hospital bed whilst bawling out like a baby.

"I won't leave you Myunghee ah... I will always be in your heart", he wiped away my tears with his thumbs.

"Don't say stuffs like that... You will always be with me. You won't leave me", I shook my head still not being able to accept the reality.

"Myunghee...", he softly let out above a whisper. "I love you, my dear granddaughter....", his hands slowly fell back from my cheeks as his eyes started to close and the machines beside him kept beeping.

"Harabeoji? Harabeoji?! Andwae...", I choked on my tears as I kept looking at those machines and my grandpa in terror.

"Andwae... Andwae... HARABEOJI!"

• • •

"HARABEOJI", I sat up with my eyes flutter opened with dry tears stained on my cheeks and sweats dripping from my forehead.

The pain was still lingering in my chest as I started to cry helplessly again. I realized that I was in the school's sickbay and felt a warmth on my left hand making me glance at its direction.

There, I saw Taehyung dozing off in his sitting form while resting his head on the bed, holding my hands.

He looked so exhausted. My other hand unconsciously travelled to his face as I poked his soft cheek.

It slowly trailed to his celestial shaped nose. My fingers then went to his well-contoured jawline and my eyes travelled to his moist reddish lips.

All of a sudden, he grabbed my wrist tight as he slowly opened his eyes and sat up straight. He then slowly let go of my wrist.

"You're awake", he let out in a deep husky voice with his hair messed a little bit making him look extremely dreamy.

Stop with your weird thoughts, Myunghee.

He tilted his head a little and stared at me. That was when I heard his mind.

"Is it just me or Myunghee looks extremely cute right now?"

My eyes widened and he suddenly became alert of what he just said in his mind.

"Oh shoot! I was just... I was um, uh....", he bit his tongue to stop stuttering and I was as red as a tomato.

"Ah. Damn it", he groaned. Our gazes locked and we had that staring contest for quite some time.

"You really are cute"