22

{ Tale of Jeju }

Myunghee ;

Melka is currently having buffet breakfast at the hotel's dining room. We were feeling all giddy and active. After our late night chat last night, we felt closer.

Funny how we never knew the fact that all five of us could read minds. But, isn't this too much of a coincidence?

Why does it have to be the five of us and how come the five of us become friends?

This is kind of creepy.

"Myunghee?", I snapped out from my thoughts when I heard a familiar voice. "Eo-eo?", I glanced at Eunyoung.

"Did you and Taehyung had a fight?", she asked and I scrunched my brows. "No! As far as I remember, we were okay. I didn't even see him while I regained my consciousness yesterday. Why?", I asked.

"He is quiet and you know.. He's usually cheerful and active around you. But look at him now...", Eunyoung pointed at the guy who was sitting five seats away from me looking dark and gloomy.

"Plus I heard BTS members' minds awhile ago. They thought you guys had a fight", she continued. "Uh... we didn't though...", I trailed off.

After we had finished our breakfast, we decided to go to Hallasan mountain but as expected from the forgetful me, I remembered that I forgot my phone in my room just before I enter inside the van.

I dashed my way towards my hotel room and saw a familiar figure walking towards my direction. As our eyes met, he froze for a split second and so did I. He then averted his gaze and walked pass me, not even sparing a glance at me.

Why are you acting this way, Kim Taehyung?

We arrived Hallasan mountain after half an hour drive from our resort. I don't know why but something about this mountain gave me a nostalgic feeling.

It felt like as if I had been here for several times but I had never even been to Jeju. This was my first time. I am somehow confused about what I experienced yesterday too. Before my vision blacked out, I saw Jimin in those ancient princely like clothes and a scary voice kept echoing in my head.

What is happening to me?

As I was in daze, someone nudged me from behind. "Are you okay, Myunghee-si?". I turned around to see Jimin eying at me with a worried face. "Yeah I am", I lied with a fake smile and that was when I heard his mind.

"Why can't you share your burdens with me?"

My eyes flutter opened and I just smiled at him. "I'm fine Jimin-si. I really am", I said. I don't even know what's going on so I'm not sure about how to explain this to you

I saw Melka and other BTS members circling around an old lady while listening to what she was saying with full of focus look in their eyes.

"Shall we go listen to her?", Jimin asked and I nodded. "Sure", I walked towards the gang and stood next to Kyungsoon while Taehyung was standing across me. He eyed at me for a moment but quickly looked away. I just shrugged it off and listened to what the old lady was saying.

"These five princesses have psychic abilities ever since they were born. It wasn't actually a miracle but a curse", the old lady said.

"A curse?", Eunyoung asked and the old lady nodded. "Yeah, a curse. This land was used to be ruled by an evil wizard. The king had no power. However, the five princesses' father was able to take the wizard down. He put on a curse at the king at his last moment, which is may all your sons and daughters suffer from a cruel fate in which they can never escape from it", she explained.

"Woah... that's scary. What happened next though?", Hoseok asked as he hugged himself. "Apparently, the five daughters of the king were locked up in the palace because the king wanted to protect them from the curse. But, he believed that the two sons of his would be okay because they couldn't read minds, unlike his other  five daughters", she said.

"Were the princesses locked up in the palace forever?", Ae Ra asked with a sad smile and the old lady chuckled. "Nope. These five princesses were reckless and fearless. They always sneaked out from the palace and come visit this Hallasan mountain. They even fell in love here", she continued.

"Fell in love?! Omo", Leejung squealed. "Yes. They fell in love with the five princes from the kingdom which was just next to theirs whom were also friends with their two brothers", the old lady laughed.

"This is so cute though. But I doubt if they all had a happy ending because the curse of the wizard is somehow giving me chills", Leejung uttered.

"It was a heartbreaking ending, dear. The wizard's son planned to marry the five girls as a payback for his father's death. The five princes and the two other princes whom were their brothers lost their lives while trying to save the princesses", she explained.

Tears automatically streamed down my cheeks the moment I heard her. I don't usually get emotional from stories or movies but I don't what has gotten into me. My heart was in pain.

I glanced at the girls and they were placing their palms on their chests too. They didn't cry but their actions looked like their hearts were in pain too.

"How about the princesses? Were they safe?", Namjoon asked and the old lady sadly smiled. "They killed themselves because they had no willing to live anymore. The wizard's son was very furious when he found out that his soon to be wed brides died. He swore to himself that he would do anything just to marry the princesses even if it means in next life", she said sending chills ran down my spine.

"I wonder if the curse still exists", Jungkook mumbled as he thought to himself. The old lady patted his back with a laugh. "Silly kid. It's just a cliché tale of Jeju, dear. There's no way it would still exist", she said between her laughs.

"Why would you even wonder about that?", Yoongi frowned at Jungkook and Jungkook rolled his eyes. "I was just wondering, hyung", he retorted making all of us laughed.

This indeed is a heartbreaking tale. I wonder what kind of lives did these five princesses went through. They could also read minds like me and Melka.

Out of blue, the old lady softly let out, "But fate repeats so I wonder if these princes and princesses are able to live in peace in their next lives".