3

{ Monster }

Myunghee ;

"Wah!! Han Myunghee is entering the class guys!", one of my guy classmate shouted and everyone smirked at me.

I entered the class with fiddling fingers as I was afraid of the looks on their faces.

As I was walking towards my seat, one of the boys whispered from behind, "Stay away from her, if you don't want to get your mind read by her" in a mocking tone while everyone fake gasped.

Stop...

One of the girls threw an egg at me and my uniform got  dirty while everyone in the room laughed at my pathetic situation.

What they said next made my heart quavered in fear.

"Everyone hates you Myunghee! Even your parents abandoned you!", one of my girl classmates pointed her index finger at me.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I stared into a blank space while all the flashbacks of my family collapsed appeared in my mind.

That was when one of the boys mocked, "Ah! I never knew that monsters could cry"

"I-I am not a monster", I stutteringly said and they all started chanting.

"Monster! Monster! Monster! Monster! Monster!"

Stop...

• • •

"STOP!", I shouted as I sat up while sweats and tears were stained on my face, being wide awake. My breath was hitching and I could feel a strong pain in my chest as I started crying out loud.

I hugged my knees and buried my face in them as I cried helplessly.

I-I am a monster...

I was walking alone in this school's hallway since I decided to come school earlier than other students so that I wouldn't have to read their minds.

However, I heard someone singing his heart out from a place not very far from me.

"All of this isn't just a coincidence
Just just my own feeling
The whole universe is different from yesterday
Just just from your happiness"

It wasn't my business but the voice was so soothing and sweet that it made me curious about the owner of that voice.

"When you call me
I am your flower
Like I've been waiting for it
We bloomed dazzlingly
It is almost like the destiny of the universe
It is just how it is
U know I know
You are me, and I am you"

I looked around and realized that the piano sound and the singing voice was from the school's music club room.

I slid the door gently and peeked inside to see a shadow singing between the curtains as he was playing the piano.

Due to the breeze, the curtains slowly blasted away, revealing a guy in warm blonde hair dazzling with an angelic looking face under the light yellow morning sunlight.