26

{ What If? }

Myunghee ;

Various kind of thoughts invaded my mind soon after I saw those flashbacks.

Am I really one of the princesses?

Then, what about the rest of Melka?

Are they the other four princesses?

Little did I knew I had arrived back to where BTS and Melka were. I had been walking aimlessly ever since those scary scenes flashed in my mind.

"Ah! Myunghee, you're back!", Leejung chimed. "Where's Taehyung?", Jin who was busy feeding Ae Ra the barbecued meat asked.

Oh, so they have reconciled.

I could hear Eunyoung and Yoongi laughing over something in the book which was in Yoongi's hands.

Oh, they have too.

Jungkook slung his arm around Leejung's shoulders and she didn't mind at all..

So, they have taken their relationship to the next step.

"Myunghee!", Jimin snapped his fingers infront of me and I was finally snapped out from my thoughts. "Eo-eo?", I asked.

"What were you thinking?", he laughed and asked. "Hu-huh? Nothing. Why?", I asked and he sighed. "Jin asked where's Taehyung and you didn't even answer as you looked like you were drowning in your thoughts", he answered making me alert about my surrounding.

Everyone's attention was on me. "I don't know where he is", I replied with all honesty.

Kyungsoon who was in charge of barbecuing the meat next to Namjoon walked towards my direction. "Myunghee, did you cry?", she asked in a stern tone and my body froze for a split second.

"Your eyes are swollen!", Ae Ra pointed out. "You cried?!", Hoseok ran towards me and tears welled up in my eyes but I blinked them away.

"No... why would I cry?", I faked a laugh and they didn't buy my statement. "I don't know what happened but if you feel like you need someone to talk to, we're all ears", Jimin patted my head and everyone nodded in unison.

"I... I will think about it", I said and he smiled. "Sure", he shoved me his angelic smile. "I am your hope. J-hope!", Hoseok spun around and held out his hands to the front, causing me to laugh.

Why does Jimin and Hoseok give off a warm feeling?

Were they perhaps my brothers?

"Go have a seat and have some food, Myunghee", Namjoon said and both Jimin and Hoseok dragged me to the table as they made me sit between them.

I didn't feel like eating at all. A lot of things were going on in my mind. Taehyung confessed me all of a sudden and the next thing was about me seeing all those scary flashbacks, even scarier than my dark past when both my parents left me and my harabeoji died.

The image of a glowing green arrow pierced right through Taehyung from behind flashed in my mind for a split second, causing the barbecued meat stick in my grip to drop on the ground.

"Myunghee?", Ae Ra called out my name and all of their eyes were on me with full of concern. Tears streamed down my cheeks and they started to panic.

"No... No.....", I choked between my sobs and Jimin pulled me into his embrace, followed by Hoseok who patted my back.

"I don't want you all to die....", I softly let out above a whisper while burying my face in Jimin's chest. "What are you saying, Myunghee-si? Why would we all die-"

Hoseok's sentence was cut off when I broke the hug and said, "What if we all are the princes and princesses from that heartbreaking tale?"

Silence~

"There's no way we are them...", Jungkook trailed off. "Yeah, there's no way-", I cut off Yoongi's sentence as I shrieked, "I just saw the past!"

"You what?!", Eunyoung exclaimed. "Tae-Taehyung... He was dying right infront of me.. All because of my foolishness... Because of me....", tears stopped me from continuing.

"Please stop with your nonsense", I heard a familiar voice making me glance at its direction. "Taehyung...", I looked at him with teary eyes.

"I swear! I saw it all. You were dyin-". He cut off my sentence as he yelled, "I believe your story! But that's not the point!"

"Calm down", the boys stood up from their positions and tried to pull back Taehyung while I was surrounded by Melka.

"That's not the point...", his voice softened as a tear slipped from his eye, making my heart dropped.

He-he's crying...

That was when I heard his mind.

"Why won't you have faith in me..."

Because I don't want you to suffer just because of me...

"Guys, let's figure this out slowly", Kyungsoon said and all of us agreed with what she said.

• • •

Jimin ;

Hoseok and I wrapped up things from the board of directors meeting quickly so that we would make it to the barbecue party.

For some reason, Hoseok and I have some sort of weird attraction to Melka ever since we first saw them. We couldn't figure out why either.

Not in a romantic kind of way but some part of us want to protect these girls at all costs, like as if their safety and wellness is our duty.

Strange, isn't?

When we arrived back to Mount Hallasan, the barbecue party has just started only. Even Taehyung and Myunghee were still missing.

It was a happy atmosphere unlike this morning. I am pretty sure something happened between Jungkook and Leejung, Jin hyung and Ae Ra, Namjoon hyung and Kyungsoon and Yoongi hyung and Eunyoung.

They all were back to being friendly and happy. I don't know what happened but as long as they are happy, I am okay with it.

But then the tables have turned. Out of nowhere, Myunghee stated that we all were those princes and princesses from that legendary heartbreaking tale of Jeju while crying out loud in fear and sadness.

How?

So does that mean Melka can read minds?

Is that a secret they all had been keeping from me and Hoseok all along?

It wasn't a happy barbecue party. We all ended up going back to the resort with saddened faces. It was a quiet ride.

Whatever the curse is, I am sure we all can come through this.

We'll have our happy ending this time.

I won't fail to protect them this time...