27

{ Truth hurts }

Myunghee ;

I couldn't sleep... I just couldn't stop crying. My heart hurts everytime Taehyung's hurt face flashed in my mind.

Part of me felt relieved that I rejected his confession. Or else, this whole cruel fate would repeat.

Why am I the only one who remembers about this painful past life?

What about the rest? Why don't they remember?!

I had to keep my sobs silent because I was afraid that I would wake up the girls who were sleeping next to me.

The lights switched on and as I opened my eyes, I saw the four girls eying down at me with their arms crossed over their chests.

"You-you guys...", I stuttered. "I was planning to do some research about it when we arrive back Seoul only but I can't stand seeing you suffer this much", Eunyoung sighed.

Kyungsoon held out her hand and smiled, "Let's find out about the rest of this tale". I hesitantly placed my hand on her and got up from the bed.

The four of us sat in a circle on the floor and Eunyoung was in the middle with her laptop. She was googling about the tale.

"By the way, did something happen between you and Yoongi? You guys aren't ignoring each other anymore", Ae Ra asked and a huge grin plastered on her lips.

"We are back to being coffee pals", she said whilst her eyes never left the laptop screen. "How about you? You seemed to have made up with Jin", she shoved a question at Ae Ra and Ae Ra's face turned as red as a tomato.

Silence~

"Woah! Something happened between them for sure!", Leejung excitedly chimed. "Spill the beans, Shin Ae Ra", Kyungsoon smirked and now the four of us attentions are on her.

She faced the floor and fiddled her fingers nervously. She took a deep breath and quickly said, "We're dating"

"As expected from-", Leejung's eyes widened from realization and exclaimed, "You what?!". "Don't you dare tease me!", Ae Ra hid her face in her palms making a weak envy smile plastered on my lips.

Eunyoung and Kyungsoon gawked at her with their jaws dropped. "Congratulations", I said while giving a light bump on her shoulders and she shyly let out, "Tha-thanks"

"Now tell us the whole story!", Leejung asked and all of us gave her knowing looks while she gulped.

• • •

Ae Ra's Flashback ;

Jin dragged me away from them by my wrist until we reached a place where there was just us.

"Why are you crying, Ae Ra?", he questioned while staring into my soul. "I don't know....", I trailed off as I avoided eye contact with him.

"LOOK AT ME", he raised his voice as he lifted my chin up, making him stare straight into my eyes. "Jin. Stop this.. Didn't you tell me that we should stop being so close to each other?", I said in a trembling voice.

"I lied"

I heard his mind making my eyes flutter opened. "What do you mean?", I asked softly and he cupped my cheeks as he planted a peck on my forehead causing my breathing stopped for a split second.