8

{ Come out of the dark }

Myunghee ;

"Appa! You're going to stay with eomma and me for tonight, right?", I asked with a glimpse of hope in my eyes.

My father averted his gaze from the newspaper and looked at me. "Mianhé Myunghee. Appa has a dinner to attend", he said.

"Mianhé Myunghee. Eomma has to visit a friend of mine tonight too", my mother who was sitting on the other side of the couch said as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Why are you guys lying to me?", I said with teary eyes.

"What do you mean we are ly-", I cut off my father's sentence off as I said, "Appa is going to hotel with Hye Rin tonight. Eomma has a dinner date with Daesung ahjussi too. That's not fair! Leaving me alone in this house while both of you are having fun tonight"

My mother suddenly stood up from her seat as she angrily yelled, "What does she mean by you going to hotel with Hye Rin, Han Minho?!"

My father threw the newspaper across the floor and stood up as he raised his voice, "How about you?! Who is that Daesung guy?!"

My mother placed her palm on her chest as she pleaded, "You have to trust me, honey! She is just saying whatever she wants!".

Both my parents then looked at me with disgusted eyes. "You're at it again.. Saying whatever you want, Han Myunghee", my father spat.

"That's cruel of you, Myunghee! Just how much do you have to ruin our lives before you're satisfied?!", my mother screamed.

"Eomma.. Appa...", I looked at my parents with eyes filled in tears.

"Go to your room!", my father commanded and I ran upstairs as tears were streaming down my cheeks.

It was a long night...

I could hear the shattering of glasses, yelling of my parents on the top of their lungs and the last but not least, the confirmation of their divorce.

I... I ruined everything...

• • •

"What's wrong, Myunghee? Your eyes are all swollen. Did you cry last night?", Taehyung caressed my cheeks  as he was bending down his waist a little to take a good look at my face.

I had a nightmare last night.

No, it isn't a nightmare Myunghee. It happened. It was your past...

I gently pushed his hands away and just simply replied, "I am fine. Thanks for your concern"

"She's lying"

I heard his mind causing me to vend out my anger on him.

"I TOLD YOU I AM FINE", I yelled which earned attention from all my classmates.

"I'm.. I'm sorry", I softly uttered as I stood up from my seat and ran out of the class even though the class was about to start.

I dashed my way to the rooftop since I wanted to be alone. I didn't mind skipping classes at that moment.

I placed my hands on the metallic rails as I shouted, "Why can't I move on from this?! Why is my past haunting me?! Why can't I be happy?!"

I cried my heart out and soon, my knees felt weak. I fell onto the ground on my knees as I leaned my head against the metallic rails.