Chapter 14- Husband dearest

My eyes fluttered open as I awoke to Daniels head laying on my chest. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be the other way round where my head was supposed to be laid onto his chest but Daniel was like a little baby needing to be reassured and protected. It was weird to think a guy like him who was confident, hot and dominant in every single way was actually very insecure. I guess his vulnerability made me love him even more.

Wait.. Love him?

It was weird to say I loved him but I realised I did, that didn't stop the fact I also loved Damien enough to actually agree to start over. I was shocked with myself really but I knew we had both been wrong in that situation, even though he had been 10x worse.

My thoughts were jumbled it was like a battle between Daniel and Damien confused at my feelings towards them both. How Daniel was only meant to be a friend with benefits but ended up meaning so much more to me than just that.

It was so hard for me to trust people and after everything that had happened I only trusted Sean and Daniel..

Speaking of Sean... Crap I needed to check up on him. I mean, last night must have been really awkward for him after all me and Daniel had argued infront of him.

I slid myself off the bed slowly trying not to wake up Daniel as I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and pulled my brunette up into a pony tail sighing tiredly as I walked out towards the living room.

Sean was sat with a cup of coffee texting on his IPhone as he looked up at me smiling.

"Good morning", I said enthusiastically trying to act like everything was normal and knowing very well I would be interogated in a couple of minutes and bombarded with questions.

"Good morning to you too Z", he said grinning, "Coffee?", he offered the mug he was holding and I nodded taking it from him taking in the sweet scent and taking small sips of the delicious delight.

"Okay you may begin", he continued as I rolled my eyes trying not to groan at how obvious he was.

"We're okay as I told you last night we just had a misunderstanding there's nothing to talk about Sean", I said sighing as closed my eyes and massaged my temple as I felt a slight throbbing pain at the corner of my temples.

"Remind me about the misunderstanding again, i was quite drunk", he said raising his eyebrow in curiosity.

"He thought me and Damien had kissed or something, but we had just been talking and decided we'd try to start over", I said this so fast knowing very well I was about to get a lecture on how stupid I was as I gulped down the remainder if the coffee analysing his facial expression.

"Wait, you want to start over with Damien...ARE YOU HIGH? OR MENTALLY ILL??", he said gasping before continuing..

Here we go...

"That boy does not deserve your forgiveness or starting over what was going on in your mind to even think that, that's okay Z", he exclaimed.

I sighed looking at him tiredly, "Look Sean I'm happy and thankful you're worried about me but I'm fine, I learnt my lesson. I'm just tired of holding a grudge... I changed to the very think I despised in high school. We both made a mistake and yes, he made the biggest one but I'm over it", I paused thinking before continuing, "Well... atleast I'm trying too", I looked him as I felt my eyes beginning to tear up. Cursing under my breath as I felt a tear drop down my pained face. The whole situation made me emotional and confused but I was willing to fight this and start a new. I wasn't going to be the fuck girl everyone thought I was, well at least I'd try not to be. I was going to be a better version of myself. Not for Damien or Daniel but for me. I smiled at Sean as he nodded his head, "Okay Z, just know I'm here for you", he winked at me as I gave him as kiss on a cheek and ruffled his hair.

"Hey Sean don't steal my girl", a voice from behind spoke with a hint of amusement in his voice. I grinned as I turned around to see Daniel walking towards us so I brought my hand towards my chest dramatically as I said, "Oh know husband dearest, not in a million years".