Chapter 18- slow motion

————Shout out to itsPujaHere for managing to complete both my books very quickly and being a great supporter❤️—————

He was good, very good, as he swung me around and moved to the rhythm. It was thrilling whilst we moved our bodies together. It just happened, I wasn't thinking it was like our bodies were in synced with every movement and thought and that's when he spun me around and pulled me close towards him.

I could hear my own heart pounding and his heavy breathing as we stood together. His emerald eyes transfixing me as his head moved slowly down towards my lips.

I felt myself leaning in closer as I closed my eyes nearly feeling the touch of his lips on mine, his minty delicious breath, breathing me in. Damien was such an exotic creature I just felt compelled from his movements but.. wait.

Daniel. The voice in my head screamed at me automatically making me jump back in shock as I remembered my sweet boyfriend waiting for me at home. I suddenly felt purely disgusted with myself as I cursed out loud.

"What's wrong?" Damien asked as he took a step forward towards me analyzing my face.

"We can't do that Damien. I love Daniel", I said close to tears I continued to choke out some words feeling exhausted, "I told you we could try to move on but not like this, I don't want to get hurt anymore", I looked at him pleadingly as he sighed stepping towards me and pulling me into a hug.

"I'm sorry princess, it was in the moment. Nothing actually happened. Let's just forget it happened", he stroked my head as I pulled away looking at his face. I could tell he was hurt and was clenching his jaw but I couldn't feel sorry for him. I couldn't feel sorry for that devilishly handsome face.

It was pathetic really, like a twilight movie where Bella couldn't choose between the sweet loving Jacob or the cold insanely hot vampire Edward. However, in this particular moment I had chosen the right person, and it wasn't Damien.

I shook my head shaking away the thoughts in my head, "let's go it's getting late", I said cracking a smile, walking towards the ladder and going back down.

"You know princess, I know you're loved up with Daniel at the moment but I'll get you one way or another", he said confidentially whilst his eyes gleamed.

"Stop being delusional Franco, you're never going to get me back", I said rolling eyes.

"Is that a challenge?" He teased as he smiled showing off his perfect white teeth.

"You wish", I muttered quietly.

"Okay let's make a bet. How about I try to win you back over by the end of the year. That gives me 3 months", he said looking at me as he raised an eyebrow in question.

"I'm about done with stupid bets. Don't you think", I replied scowling at him.

"Well then not a bet, just a challenge I'm giving myself", he laughed.

"Good luck with that Franco." I replied almost smiling at how adamant he was.

"Wait until I sweep you off your feet", he said chuckling as he tucked his hands in his leather jacket.

"Who told you I needed to be swept off my feet boy, now go home", I said shoving him playfully.

"Good night princess" he said as he took a step forward and bent down to give me a kiss on the forehead.

"Dream about me", he continued winking as he turned around.

"If I dreamt about you that would be called a nightmare", I called out with a serious voice but in all honesty I was smiling as he turned around and gave me one last look as he chuckled and replied, "Well I know I'll be dreaming about you".