Chapter 37- Panic

She had broken me, like a pencil being snapped in half, like a white piece of paper she had scrunched me up and thrown me in the rubbish, like broken glass shards sprawled across the floor, broken and meaningless. I felt stupid, I was in so much physical and mental pain because of everything she had finally confessed to me.

She was evil... She was sick. She was a psychotic bitch.

All these years I had thought Damien was evil, horrific and the devil himself. How I had judged him, punished him and became this version of myself I didn't even recognize. The guilt was eating me away, it made me feel like I was the monster. He hadn't deserved any of this but instead he was punished. He had done everything to protect me, I wondered how he managed to keep his mouth closed all those years swallowing up the bitter truth and apologizing for hurting me. In all truthfulness I had hurt him, I had punished him and I had been the heartbreaker, not him.

I needed to see Damien, I needed to look at him in the face and hear the truth from him. Why didn't you tell me?? My mind screamed angrily. Why did you make me suffer and make yourself suffer Damien why? There was so many questions bombarding my mind I felt like I was going crazy. The feeling of dread crawled down my spine as my stomach dropped.

Oh my fucking god Katie had my sex tape.

I needed to see Damien but I was to ashamed to do so, so I had pushed Daniel away from me and began running, I don't know where I was going all I knew is that I needed to run, anywhere but no where. Anywhere but here. I heard him call out for me to wait but I didn't listen, I didn't know what to do, I didn't know who I was anymore, I didn't know what anything meant.

Damien. Damien. DAMIEN. My mind was screaming. How could I look him in the eyes now that I knew the truth? How could I beg for his forgiveness for I had broken him. How could I thank him for protecting me after everything. How could I tell him that I was so damn in love with him.

My thoughts were accelerating inside my mind and I'm trying to stop them all and m slow them down because I can feel this pain rising in my chest and I'm trying to breath but I can't. My heart is hammering as my breaths start coming out in gasps to the point my vision begins to blur as though I will pass out any second now. I was definitely having some sort of panic attack because the floor is spinning and my lungs seem to be collapsing. I'm almost choking now and I want to cry out for help but no ones around. I feel sick, as I clasp my hands around my throat trying to breathe but I feel like I'm chocking and it hurt so much.

"Zara", I heard a voice scream it was faint as I looked up to see who it was my vision was blurred so I couldn't tell who it was all I know is that I'm glad their here. I could hear my self sobbing as hands take a hold of my shoulders shaking them.

"Breathe, breathe z", I heard the soothing voice say as I clasp my eyes shut trying to do just that but I'm still sobbing.

"It hurts", I cry out tears spilling down my face.

"Everything hurts I just want it to stop", I say.

The hands reach to my face pulling me closer as our heads touch and the voice calmly says again, "I know but it's okay I'm here for you I'm here breathe, breathe, you're okay. You're okay", what they say seems to be working as I feel my breath slowly start to come back, the shaking of my body has resided and I felt somewhat calmer now.

"It's okay", they repeat, I slowly open my eyes and see Damien looking at me full of worry and concern.

My eyes fill with tears as another sob escapes my throat when he pulls me into a hug.

"You're okay", he continues to say when he pulls me up and walks me towards his car. I'm exhausted as he pulls me in and clasps the belt keeping me in place before running to the other side and getting in to start the car. His hand reaches for mine, holding it tightly.

"You'll be fine Z, you'll be fine", he whispers squeezing my hand in comfort. The exhaustion of everything drains me as I slowly fall asleep.

 The exhaustion of everything drains me as I slowly fall asleep