Chapter 44- Fuck You Bennett

(Just to let you know this part is sensitive content so read at your own choice)

***

I yelled out in shock as I opened my eyes to see a bullet hit the side of the door. How the FUCK had she managed to get a hold of another gun?

My heart was racing at the close shot but I reacted fast as I pointed the gun at her.

"Either way this goes, if we both pull the trigger we both die", I say my hands are trembling whilst I'm pointing the gun.

"Or you can put down the gun and get the help you need", I continue. I can hear the police sirens then a knock on the door. Please lord let us survive this.. I just needed to distract her for only a few minutes.

Her eyes lingered to the door where the knock was getting louder.

"That's better than being locked up in a psychiatric ward", she replies stubbornly.

"Trust me it's safe for you and everyone else if it was that way", I reply.

"Well that idea just doesn't sit with me, so no I'm not going to put down the gun I'm going to do something even more better", she said giggling.

"Listen Katie it's over.", I say.

"It's OVER when I say it's OVER", she yells angrily.

We can both hear the police telling us to open the door and then a few minutes later we're both silent as we continue to listen to the large banging that breaks the door open. Katie is now wide eyed and scared, I can tell she knows her fate.

They just had this door to break open— keep on distracting her. It will be all over soon.

"You've been trying to destroy me from the very first day you met me. Arnt you tired? Don't you want to live a life of your own? Why are you so adamant on destroying my future in fact why are so adamant on destroying yours", I say tiredly.

She pauses as though in thought before replying with a whisper, "I have nothing left", I didn't understand her, I didn't even try to understand her because the doors blew open as police officers came charging in.

"Put the guns down, hands on your head", the police officer yelled, I dropped the gun to the floor as I looked at her.

"It's over", I whisper to her as she looks wide eyed at her surroundings.

"Yes, it is over", she replies back before giving me a smile — and for some reason it wasn't like her creepy sadistic ones it looked genuine.

"Put the gun down miss, you're under arrest", another police officer yelled.

She looked at the police smiling and then she did something that shocked us all— moving the gun that she had pointed towards me she now pointed it towards herself.

"If I can't have him, then I guess it is over, isn't it?", she asks more so to herself than us.

"Katie put the gun down please you don't need to do this", I'm suddenly worried for her, even after everything she'd done I was worried for her.

"Let me help you", I say slowly stepping forward.

Katie laughed out, "You can't help me".

"Listen we can work things out, you're wrong you have me", I said my voice was shaking as a tear fell down my cheek.

"You're a liar. Why would you help me?", she cries out.

"Because I understand what you're feeling. I know you're feeling alone, scared and betrayed. I know you're feeling confused and hurt, let me help you", I take a step closer my heart is racing.

Katie laughed before continuing to speak, "If I can't help myself, then no one can. Fuck you Bennett", which were her last words that came out of her swollen mouth before she pulled the trigger and took her own life.

No sound escaped my lips as I stared in pure horror and shock as blood splatted across the room and onto my face. I jumped forward catching her lifeless body as tears sprawled down my face. Her blonde hair was scrawled across the ground when I lay her down. I was shaking as I stared down at the blood that dropped from the side of her head slowly dripping out making a small red puddle across the marble floor as time went by. Her ocean blue eyes were wide open staring straight at me whilst her last words were embedded in my brain.

Fuck you Bennett.

Katie did not want to be saved.