Chapter 25- I've Changed

Hello lovelies, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'll be dedicating two days in a week for my chapters so you guys have a clue on when the book will be updated! Those days will be FRIDAY and SATURDAY so look out on those days! If I do end up uploading on a day which isn't the two I picked consider them lucky bonuses because you get more updates hehehe!

Marwa xx

***

My first instinct was to get up and flee from my problems as I saw Katie grinning at me clearly satisfied with my gaping shocked reaction. It was then switched to anger as I wanted to grab the glass of expensive wine and pour it on both her and Damien's faces.

So this was it, just another one of Damien's Franco's game, if this was indeed his game then he had again, won and hurt me. I decided I wouldn't show it, my reactions would be emotionless, as if my past tormentor didn't just walk into this restaurant and place herself next to Damien, as if I was unbothered as she reached her hand out to Damien's entwining them together.

I guess they deserved each other because they were a match made in hell and we were clearly polar opposites. I could feel the tension in the air grow until Daniel broke the ice.

"So you guys do know each other, where from?", he asked curiously completely oblivious to the situation we were currently in.

Before I could speak Katie cut in, "High school, oh my god I'm so excited it's been like what four years?", she said excitedly.

"Yeah well I hoped it would be longer but here we are sitting opposite each other sharing a meal", my voice sounded irritated as I picked up the glass wine and sipped it carefully.

"Oh come on Z don't be like that, we had fun didn't we?", she smiled her perfect plastic smile as I resisted the urge to lung and attack her.

"You have no right to call me Z, Katie. We're not friends, we never were", my voice was an unchanging pitch, monotone.

"Maybe not, but I'd like to change that", she spoke politely looking at me with her blue eagle eyes, what was this girl up to?

I decided to ignore her as I turned to Daniel who was watching us like we were part of some television show drama, "You must be confused babe, let me introduce you to Katie", I said smiling at him.

"Katie here, was the school queen bee who liked to torment me every single day of my high school life", I paused looking at his facial expression as realization hit Daniel, he finally began to understand the situation.

"Zara stop", Damien said to me which I chose to ignore before continuing, "She's the one that made the bet about making the bad boy fall for me and that I stupidly agreed to causing the most horrible thing in my life to happen to me", I said bitterly.

"Now I can't blame her for everything Damien fucked up himself just that she had instigated the whole situation", I picked up the wine gulping down the rest before grabbing the bottle and pouring myself some more.

"Yeah I know I-", I cut her off again before Katie could finish her sentence, "Now tell me what game are you two playing?" I stared narrowing my eyes at the two.

Damien's posture seemed unbothered and amused as he looked at me, he knew he had riled me up and he thrived on that.

"We're not playing any game Zara, you're just being paranoid. I just wanted us to double date seeming as we decided to move on and become friends", Damien replied in a casual tone.

Liar, the voice in my head screamed at me to keel my guard up.

The waiter returned back asking for our orders we all answered quickly before waiting for him to leave as we continued our conversation.

"Don't fuck with me Franco. You're always playing games, I mean why would you out of all people bring the girl who tormented my entire high school experience?" , I asked staring at him with daggers.

"I've changed by the way I'm not the mean old Katie I used to be", Katie spoke in defense.

"Well this is getting awkward", Daniel said scratching his head before turning to me and saying, "Wanna get out of here?", he looked at me giving me a reassuring smile as though to say I'd be okay and he was with me. I smiled leaning in to kiss him I slowly began to calm down.

"Yeah let's leave", but I continued to speak, "it seems as though people don't change, he didn't so how have you?", I said not believing this whole sweet innocent facade she had going.

I could sense a fake from a mile away and this girl my friends was the fakest of them all.

I got up about to turn around but paused picking up the glass wine bottle and before I couldn't even realize what i was doing it was an automatic movement as I poured the expensive contents on-top if Damien's groomed head. He cursed out jumping back shocked as I stained his expensive tuxedo, but I didn't care, I was over it. I didn't pour any on Katie, I didn't see the point, it was Damien who had led me to believe he had changed and he was different but he wasn't.

He was still the irresistible bad boy who once broke my heart.