9.5

"How the hell did you guys know I lived here?!"

"Umm.. we sort of.. followed you?" The pairs smiled awkwardly at Taehyung. The latter was shocked when he opened the door to find both Jimin and Jungkook.

He sighed. "Why?"

Jungkook looked at Jimin and signaled at the shorter one to answer. "We don't know why, but we felt that we've got to know something. About you, about Sohee. And surely you wanted to know Sohee's whereabouts." Taehyung stared at them in silence for some good seconds.

Sighing, he opened the door wider. "Come in. It's a bit cram though, hope you guys don't mind." He then stepped aside. The pairs took of their shoes and came in while looking around. They found some pictures poorly glued to the wall.

"Hey, this man and Sohee are close." Jungkook whispered as he nudged Jimin. The latter elbowed his side lightly. "That's not polite."

"But I didn't say anything!"

"You guys wanna stand? I don't mind but my neck does so sit down." Taehyung crossed his arms. "What do you guys want for a drink?"

Jungkook hummed. "Umm. I'll haveㅡ" But he got cut off by the older man. "I only got plain water anyways. Make yourself comfortable." The teens made faces internally.

***

"Here." Taehyung handed the drinks which Jungkook quickly took his and drank it. They were thirsty after following the guy. It took 1 hour and a quarter following him as the guy was walking home.

"I heard you guys talked."

Jungkook choked on his drink and Jimin who was breathing choked on.. well, air?

"We're sorry, we didn't mean it! No, I mean everyone will think like that. I mean, it may be wrong butㅡ"

"I get it, okay." Jimin immediately shut his mouth when the man cut him off.

"Sorry, Sir." They spontaneously said together.

"Nah, I understand. After all, I'm too young and too handsome to be a dad." He laughed loudly. Although the teens agreed on that, they didn't aspect him to say it out loud.

When the laugh died, Taehyung admitted. "She's my un-biological, haha what the hell was that, daughter." He ended his sentence seriously even when he used a word that he himself doesn't know existed.

The pairs gasps and so Taehyung explained everything.

***

Everything wasn't everything because Taehyung didn't tell them about his disease. He afraid they will tell Sohee about it so as a safe move, he kept it to himself.

"Everything happened today will remained as a secret, y'all get me?" Taehyung said as he looked down at the pairs who were wearing their shoes. When done, they stood and nodded. "We promised, Sir." The man laughed.

Then, Jungkook again put his hand up. "Sorry because we didn't get to tell you about Sohee, Sir. It's getting late and we'll come again tomorrow if you don't mind." Taehyung shrugged but still allowed them to come any time.

Jimin searched for a clock to look at the time while Jungkook was still talking to Sohee's dad. They talked for hours without realizing how the time's passing by quickly. When he found one, he stared at it.

Weirdly, it wasn't working.

"Uh, Sir?" Taehyung looked at him. "I think your clock's batteries died." The three looked at the said clock silently and Taehyung laughed breathlessly.

"There's no battery."

"Why?" Jungkook questioned.

"Because I plucked it out, brat."

"Why?" Jimin asked then.

"Oh, aren't you guys such a curious teenagers?" The older man laughed again. But seeing the pairs stared at him silently and seriously, he opened up.

"Time is so important to me that I wished it stopped. But reality wanted something else and God had it granted."