11.5

When the two students walked out, Hoseok turned to the patient. "So, what is it? I don't want things to get emotional so you better use simple words and make it short."

Taehyung only ignored the latter and looked at the doctor. "Doc."

"I'm sorryㅡ"

"Why are you a doctor?"

Seokjin gulped. He was frequently asked the same question and he always had the answer. But now, he felt like he never know alphabets.

"To treat, right?"

The doctor finally came to his senses. "Yes. Again, I'm sorry, Taehyung-ssi. I really am. But right now, I don't know what can I do to apologise because a sorry feels lacking and too small for such a big mistake I did."

Taehyung laughs. "Just treat Sohee whenever she's sick for free. Simple, huh?"

"That doesn't sounds simple..."

The patient ignored the doctor and he then looked at Hoseok. "Friend."

"I said don't get emotional, jerk!"

"Can you live my life for me?" Taehyung pleaded. He looked so broken that Hoseok just had to calm himself down internally, afraid that he would burst. He covered it with a cough.

"Shut up. You will live."

"All you have to do isㅡ"

"What the hell, bastard? Are you ignoring me? Why do you want to die so freaking bad?!"

"Hyung!" Taehyung sobbed. He was trying his best to speak but the hiccups forbid him to. But still, he talked.

"Do you think I want all of this to happen? Don't you think about how Sohee will feel? My wish is just to give her away to a man who will take care of her for the rest of her life on the aisle but God thinks it's too much so I wished to live."

"Taehyung-"

"I don't have to give her away then. I'll just stay by her side and watch her graduate, throwing the ugly hat on the sky and come running towards me. But, I'm letting you experience it for me! So please... live my life for me. Take care of her like she's your own daughter and don't let her follow my steps."

Hoseok quickly hugged the poor man who wailed loudly right after he spoke. "Okay okay. I promised but please. Keep on living while you can."

"I- I don't want to d- die, hyung!"

"Then don't count the days, idiot! I'll do my best to keep you busy!"

Outside the room, Jungkook and Jimin who were eavesdropping were desperately trying to keep their sobs inside. Jimin slapped both his cheeks not too hard to calm himself down. "Let's meet Sohee." He said.