•How Am I Suppost To Be A Sharpshooter?•

(A/N~ Pidge is referred to a guy in this story because it takes place before Pidge tells the team that she is a girl)

Discription: Blind Lance!

<><><><><><><><><><>

-Lance's pov-

What would a world of darkness be like; a world where you had to feel your way around and couldn't see anything but blackness?

I'm in a world that has always been dark.

When I was little, my life was a giant blur. My family got into a car accident and I hit my head, causing me terrible head damage and it hurt my sight. I was never able to comprehend what was around me. The only stuff that I could make out was colour. Slowly as I got older, my vision went dark. I couldn't see anything.

Not colour. No shapes. Nothing...  Just pitch back.

The only thing that I had left was my four senses. The one that I would rely the most on when walking would be touch, hearing, and smell. When eating I would use touch and taste. These are the thing that help me get around in life. It was difficult... but now... everything is a burden.

When I join voltron, I'm always bumping into walls because I am not use to the new surroundings. At home, I memorized my house and where everything was. But the castle is much harder to do because how big it is.

Today is the day where Allura introduces us our weapons to fight with against Zarkon's empire. The five of us are standing in a half circle around the Princess.

I hear Allura's heels walk over to where Pidge is and hands him the bayard.

Next is Hunk and then Keith's. "Oh cool, a sword." Keith says with satisfaction in his voice.

"Wow, Lance! Look what I got!" Hunk hollers at me. I turn and face where his voice came from and smile. "That's so cool, dude! I wounded what I get?"

Allura walks over to me and pushes the bayard into my side. I take it from her and my hands travel around it to feel what it's like.

I let out a hum when I think I curtained the information of the shape. I activate my bayard and feel it mass.

Oh quiznak...

"Congratulations, Lance! You get a gun!" Allura cheers and Hunk pats me on the back.

"Oh-um-cool?" I say with uncertainty.

Everyone looks at me confused. "What's wrong, Lance?" Pidge asks.

I sigh, "there's something I should tell you guys. I'm blind," I stop and hear their gasps. "When I was younger, my family got into a car accident and I hit my head against the front seat. It caused me really bad brain damage which messes with my eye sight. Back then, I could still see shapes and colour, but as I got older, everything just faded. I'm sorry, I should have told you sooner. You guys will want a paladin that has all their senses. Someone that can protect you better. You can just drop me back off at Earth and I'll help you find a new paladin. I'm sorry for disappointing you guys..." 

I can hear Hunk and Pidge's sniffs. Hunk wraps his arms around me and brings me into a hug.

"Oh Lance, we won't replace you! I'm sure Pidge and I can make something that will help you see! Right dude?!" Hunk says and glances at Pidge.

"Of course we can! I'll create some blue prints right away!" The green paladin says.

I smile and reach for Pidge, pulling him into the hug.

"Tch, moron. It'll take more than sight to break up this new team we got!" Keith says. It surprises me that my rival is trying to comfort me.

"Keith's right, Lance. We are a team and we are going to act like it!" Shiro says. I can hear the smile in his voice.

"Come on my boy! I'll help Pidge and Hunk with those blue prints!" Coran says, grabbing me by my bicep and pulling me to what I assume is the medical bay.

I think...we'll make a great team!

(A/N~ Tell me what you felt about this chapter please! <3)