•Keith, Do You Like Fall Out Boy?•

Description: When in doubt, quote Fall Out Boy.

Relationship: Original female character x Lance; klance

Warning: cancer; minor character death; major character death.

(A/N~ This is long, sad and angsty af. Sorry for the spelling mistakes!)

<><><><><><><><><><><>

-Lance's pov- 3 years before voltron-

I run into my poetry class ten minutes since I left my books at home. Everyone turns and looks at me as I slam the door open and jog to my usual seat.

"What took you so long?" Rebeca whispers to me.

Rebeca has long, black, curly hair that's put in a ponytail today and her skin is a nice coco colour. Her eyes are beautiful. They're a lime green and they look like they glow. She has thick black eyelashes that flutter. Her face is just perfect with her freckled nose that stick out from her tan skin and dark pink lips. She's slim and has an awstrucking voice.

"Mr. McCain, can you please tell me why you are late?" Mr. Ross, my poetry teacher, asks me.

"Ah-well, you see sir, I was late because I forgot my books at home and-Uh- yeah, that's it..." I pant and shrug.

Rebeca giggles from my boring story and covers her mouth with her hand. I glance down at her and smile. I cock one of my eyebrows up and wink at her. She blushes and turns away. I sit back down with a sly smirk and elbow her lightly in the shoulder.

Rebeca and I have been friends for years and we've been slightly flirting with each other when we are alone. I believe we both have feeling for each other, but I'm scared to ask her out. I don't want to ruin our long time friendship by me messing it up, but I guess it can't hurt trying.

"Alright class, I assigned you all with a your partners already and you both were supposed to come up with a poem with deep meaning. So let's get this started!"

Once it's Rebeca and I's turn Rebeca leans over to me and whispers, "ok so, I'm guessing neither of us came up with a poem so we're going to have to wing it. Just follow my lead." I nod at her.

We walk up to the front of the classroom and sit the seats provided for us. I mess around with my leg by tapping it up and down. Rebeca clears her throat and nods at me.

"Stuck in the jet wash
Bad trip I couldn't get off
And maybe I bit off more than I could chew
And overhead of the aqua blue"

Haha, Fall Out Boy... I want this girl to marry me...

We get to the chorus and Rebeca decides to closes her eyes.

"And in the end
I'd do it all again,"

She looks over at me with a huge, bright smile.

"I think you're my best friend
Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright
I'll be yours
When it rains it pours
Stay thirsty like before
Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright"

After a few more minutes of Rebeca and I quoting the lyrics, everyone claps and we both take our seats.

"Hm, very good you two. It was a little repetitive, but I'll take it. A+!" Mr. Ross says and scribbles down some notes on his clipboard.