•Excuses•

"I'm fine guys."

"Really, everything's good."

"There's nothing to worry about."

"I'm just not feeling up to eating, ya know?"

"I'll eat something later don't worry."

The past few weeks have been absolute hell for Lance. First, it was almost losing Blue. Then, he was late for every morning training. But worst of all, he broke Pidge's headphones... Keith and him were fighting and Lance thew them at the mullet-head. Plastic shattered everywhere and they won't be able to go to the space mall to get a new pair for awhile.

He tried to blame the broken headphones on Kaltenecker. He told Pidge that the female cow stomped on them and they snapped, but the brain-yak didn't believe him.

Fuck up.

Idiot.

Mess up everything!

A scream ripped out of Lance's throat.

Pidge reaches to Lance's bedroom and into the bathroom where Lance is. The blue eyes boys is curled up in a ball, shaking with his nails digging into his forearm, and mumbling something.

"Lance, what's wrong? What happened?" A fake smile, another fake mask Pidge assumes Lance wears.

"Oh well, you see... I was trying to get my beauty products from the cabinet and they fell and-"

"Lance, please don't lie to me."

"There's nothing wrong! I'm fine, Pidge! I'm fine..." Lance tries to defend himself, but his voice breaks at the end.

Pidge wraps her small arms around the taller boy. "It's ok, Lance."

"I'm sorry." Lance chokes out. Lance sniffs and sobs into the green paladin until there is nothing more.

"Are you feeling better?" Pidge asks with concern in her voice. Lance nods and pulls her in a tight hug.

"Thanks Pidge. You are like a sister to me. I hope I can be a brother to you until you get Matt back." Lance sniffs.

"Idiot, you'll still be a brother to me even after we get Matt back." Pidge smiles. "Hey, I finally figured out how to play out video game! Come on! I bet I can beat your ass!" Pidge's smile turns evil.

"You're on, gremlin!"