•Lyrics•

Description: Pidge listens to Lance's music and finds it really sad. Is Lance not the fun, silly, goof she always thought he was?

<><><><><><><><><><>

-Lance's pov-

I grab Pidge's headphones, plug them into her laptop, and turn my music on.

It seems whenever I turn on the music, time stops, it feels like I'm traveling far away from my problems, I turn my heart off, so I can't feel anymore pain.

I love music, because no matter how I'm feeling, music always puts me in a better mood.

When I was younger, I would always sing. I would always be the loudest singer at church. Usually my brothers or sister would laugh at me, which made me insecure of my voice so I took voice classes to make my voice stronger. It was always my dream to become a singer. I would always be writing songs in class. Usually my teachers would take them and rip them up, which I hated.

I would always write my song on what I thought people would want to hear when they're too afraid to say it.

I love doing covers of songs, like Shakira, Justin Bieber, American Authors, Troye Sivan, Ed Sheeran, and so many more. My guilty pleasures were usually rapping Twenty One Pilots or Eminem.

Today was another day, another battle gone wrong, and of course... I was the one that messed it up.

I got scolded by Allura and Shiro and now I'm in my room with tears in my eyes.

Be a better teammate.
Be a better paladin.
Be a better friend.
Be a better person.
Not good enough.
Never quiznaking good enough...

Life teaches us that people can only fake it for so long, before someone recognizes the cold truth... When will someone realize that I just have a mask on?

All did during the mission was make jokes and celebrate every time I made a good shot.

The music soothes me into sleep.

-In the morning-Pidge's pov-

The team is in the commons, resting for our excruciating painful training Allura made us do. I yawn very loudly and rest my head on Lance's shoulder.

I didn't get any good sleep last night because I was up so late looking for my dad and Matt.

"Hey, Lance?" I start to say. "Yeah, Pigeon?" He asks. "Do you still have my headphones and laptop? I would like to use them while I go look for Matt and Dad some more."

"Oh yeah! They are on my bed." He answers. I nod and go looking for his room.I find them on his bed like he said.

I decide to work in the kitchen where everyone else is. I figured it would be noisy so I put the headphones on my head and flip open my laptop. I see Lance forgot to turn off his music.

"Ugh, Lance! You need to turn off the music because you are running my battery down for no reason!" I scold him, even though he can't hear me.

The music starts to play.

Lance walks into the kitchen when a big smile on his face.

I look at his smile. It didn't seem to reach his eyes. I watch as he tells a joke to Coran and starts to laugh a little t hard to be real.

What's up with him? These lyrics are so sad! They don't equal Lance's facade! Is Lance not the funning guy of the team? I should have never let his looks fool me...