Chapter 3

~Hiccup ~

"Hiccup! Hiccup!"

I sit upright. A scream on my lips. I'm drenched with sweat and tears. I rub my eyes with the palm of my hand.

"It happened again didn't it?" Astrid asks me.

I nod my head. She pulls me into her, and she just holds me. She sort of rocks me and runs my back as I let silent years roll down my cheeks. Not caring if Astrid saw. But that's the thing about a soulmate. They see you at your best, and they see you at your worst. This was a worst for me.

After a while she asks, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I watched my father die again. And when I came back to the village everyone was slaughtered, " I start. "Even you." I took a staggering breath before continuing once more, "Drago then said that this is what happens when I intervene. He also said that he was coming."

"It was just a nightmare Hiccup. Look I'm here. Right now. I didn't die, and I'm not going to for a long time Hiccup. "

We sit there for a while until I calm down a little. I pull away from Astrid and I look into her eyes. Every time I look into her eyes I feel like I'm looking at blocks of ice. They contrast from her fiery temper. It's what makes her Astrid.

I lean in and plant a kiss on her lips. I pull away and look at her eyes once again.

"You feeling better?" she asks in a quiet tone.

"Yeah. I'm going to get some sleep while I still can," I say laying back down.

Astrid pulls the blanket over me, and then lays down next to me. She wraps her arms around me, and lays her head down on my chest.

"I'm still here," she says. It's the last thing that I remember before falling asleep.