Chapter 12

~Astrid~

It begins to snow in the middle of class. I know Hiccup was worried about the snow.

"Okay guys, land the dragons, and let's put them away for the day. Once you're finished, go ahead and go home," I say.

So the kids land their dragons, and put them away in the pens. That's when Hiccup walks in.

"Okay you're putting them away. Good. Gobber said that there is a huge front coming in, and that everyone should be buckled down," he says.

"Okay. Help me get everything ready down here, then we can head up."

We check the pens, and food supply to make sure that everything is set for the next few days.

"Hiccup, when the storm clears, we'll have to let the dragons loose. Most of them have already gone, but the rest are due to leave tomorrow," I say as we start to walk to the hut.

"I know. Let's just get through the storm, then we'll deal with the dragons."

The wind is howling like a pack of wolves, and it just started to pick up as we got to the hut. Hiccup goes and starts a fire, and I get a thick blanket from a chest in our bedroom. Hiccup is sitting by the fire when I walk back in. I sit and wrap the blanket around us. I lay my head on his chest, and he wraps his arm around my waist. Toothless must've heard us, and he comes down the stairs and sits behind us. The three of us sit by looking into the fire.

"Astrid?" Hiccup asks.

"Hm?" I say back.

"Have you ever thought about having a family?"

"A little. I'm just scared that Drago will find out and use that as leverage to get Toothless."

"You have a point."

"Why?"

"I was just wondering. It's been on my mind for a while."

"Maybe later, after Drago is gone."

"Sounds good."

We stay there for the rest of the night. In the morning I would find myself wrapped up in the blanket, held tightly in Hiccup's arms, sheltered from the cold.

U9