Chapter 31

~Astrid~

I was so relieved that Hiccup was okay. He had met his children, and everything was perfect. That is until the gang all burst through the cave entrance.

"Oh my Thor!" Fishlegs yelled.

"Shh," I said trying to quiet him. The last thing we needed were two crying babies.

I was surprised to see Heather here, but excited. Everyone crowds around Hiccup and I, and I can't help but feel confined.

"Okay. I know you guys want to see them, but it's going to have to wait. We need to get Astrid back, and help clean the village, again," Hiccup says.

"Here, I'll help," Heather says stepping forward. I hand her my son, and Hiccup hands back our daughter.

Hiccup picks me up bridal style, and carries me back into the village. The destruction has been worse, but that doesn't mean it wasn't devastating. He walks me into the hut, and into the bedroom where he lays me down on our bed, still wrapped in the blanket.

"Thank you," I say.

"For what?" He asks.

"For everything."

He smiles, and places a hand on my shoulder. "You need to rest. I'll put them in their crib."

I had almost forgot. Gobber had set aside a day to build a cribs for the baby. Now he's going to have to make another one. We tried looking for both Hiccup's and mine in our huts, but we couldn't find either one.

I hand him our daughter, and he puts her in the small crib at the foot of our bed. Both of them fit in the small crib, but they wouldn't for long.

He comes back around and kisses my head. "I'll have Heather stay here to watch over you. I'll be back in a little bit, okay?" I nod my head sleepily. I lay down all the way, and Hiccup pulls the blankets up over me. "I love you," he says.

"Love you too," I say. The weight of what has happened began to sink in on me. My eyes began to close, and I grew tired.

The warmth of the blankets welcomed me into a deep sleep.