18: PAINTING EXHIBITION CASE

CHAPTER 18
Painting Exhibition Case

"Not too late, Boyfriend," I whispered back.

The police left us for awhile. The 12 people who were here awhile ago already left since they are already done with the inspection.

The six of us sat on available chairs here. Kei and Sujeong started telling the guys about the crime.

"You said the sound of gunfire came from that vent and the weapon was also found there. But it's unlikely that the shooter was there in that vent," Jungkook said.

"Yeah, that is what I'm also thinking," Taehyung stood up and went to the vent.

If you're wondering why the police let us stay here it is because Ms. Minjoong showed her ID then poof! They let us investigate with them.

Anyways, we just followed Taehyung going to the vent.

"Waitㅡ what is this?" Jimin asked and pointed at something.

"Uhm, a speaker?" I said.

"Yes, exactly, but how does this work?" He asked.

Speaker?

Wait. It slowly makes sense.

"This type of speaker works with a remote control via bluetooth," Kei explained. "I have exactly like this at home."

"Excuse me, Sir?"

The man went to us. "May I ask if who is the one who operates this speaker?"

"Oh, it's us."

"Uhm, how does this work? Like what type of song or what do you play with this?"

"It actually depends. We play sounds or songs by playlist given to us."

"Playlist given to you?"

"Yes."

"Oh, thank you for your time, Sir," I said then the man just bowed and went back to his place.

"What's with the speaker thing, Yein?" Sujeong asked.

"If I am not wrong with what Yein thinks, I guess, this speaker took a part in the crime," Jimin inserted.

He's right. I also think about that.

"How do you say so?" Taehyung asked.

"I clearly heard 2 gunfires coming from this side where the vent and speaker are, and 1 gunfire from where the victim was shot," I said.

"So you're saying that the culprit is trying to confuse us by leaving the weapon in the vent and making the gunfire come from the side where the vent too?"

I just nodded.

"Any suspicious acts from the mother, manager and the victim?"

"Uhm, as far I remember, before the victim was brought outside, he asked for his camera."

"Yes! He asked for his camera. At first we didn't think it was suspicious but now that you mentioned it, I think there's really something in that camera bag," Kei seconded.

"So we must find out what's inside that camera bag," I uttered.

"Since the victim is in the hospital, let's go there now."

****

"Sujeong and Yein, you are the only ones who can freely searched on the victim's room," Kei said. We are now near the room of the victim.