28: SCHOOL FESTIVAL DAY 1

CHAPTER 28
School Festival Day 1

D-DAY! Today is the first day of our school festival. We will be solely playing sports and games today. Then tomorrow, in the morning, the Dance and Sing Competition will take place and in the afternoon they said that we should be ready for something that they prepared. We have no idea about it which makes it more interesting and exciting. In the morning of the third day will be the visiting of booths. The pageant will also be on the third day and it will be in the evening.

While the other students are out there playing sports and whatsoever, I'm in a room exclusively provided to us where we can practice for our talent exposition. It is actually part of the pageant. The pageant is already in two days and I'm undeniably nervous already. I'm with Jihye, Jaechan and Jungkook and my eyebrows have been knitting everytime I see Jihye and Jungkook. Wanna know why?

After the announcement, the school directly informed the parents of the candidates and guess what? My mom was so glad to hear about it. I seriously have no interest in pageants but I don't know why I agreed to join.

"I decided to just dance in the talent exposition. But I think I will be needing a partner," Jihye's voice can really be heard inside the classroom, it's like she's intending to make everyone hear about it. We just finished planning for the booth that we will be building and it's going to be a photo booth. Yes, it's common and my classmates are lazy enough to think of another idea but it is fine though, no class has come up with this idea yet.

"Jungkook." I froze on my seat when Jihye called him. I even readied my ears to listen on what she is going to say. "Can you help me with my talent? Can you dance with me?"

Just what the hell. I just mentally rolled my eyes without looking at them because all my classmates are looking at them now. Some are looking at me as if they are trying to see my reaction over Jihye's request from Jungkook. Meh, I'm pretty much certain that Jungkook won't help her. You already know how much he is frustrated because of Jihㅡ

"Sure."

And I felt my heart squeezing itself? Yeah, I felt it in that way. I just close my eyes to calm myself. Relax, Yein. Relax. And why are you acting in this way, by the way? Gosh.

And why is he also being like this too? Why am I receiving this cold treatment from him? Like what did I do? He's been like this since the day I ended our fake relationship.

"You're a liar. You didn't trust me. I told you that I will fall with you. I told you that we will fall together..But you hold onto a rope and let me fall alone by myself."

What does he mean by that? Argh.

"Yein." I was snapped back to reality when Jaechan came to my seat.

"Yes?

"The same with Jihye, I'm planning to also dance in the talent exposition and I think I will also need a partner. Is it okay for you to dance with mㅡ"

"Why not? I'm fine with it," I said as I cutted him off. I just happily smiled. There's nothing wrong with helping him, right? Plus he's a friend after all, so as a friend too, I will help him. But I actually just realized now how loud my voice was. Oh my God.

"Tss." I controlled myself from turning my head to him when I heard him hissed. Why did he hiss? I just shake that thought because why would I care when he doesn't even care too?

That's it. Okay, I admit, I'm jealous and annoyed everytime the idea of Jungkook accepting the request of Jihye comes to my mind. Who wouldn't? But he said he doesn't like Jihye and remember when Jihye clunged onto him after their basketball game and he hardly removed her hand? And look how he is acting towards Jihye now? The sudden change of his treatment to her endlessly annoys me.