20: PRETENDING

CHAPTER 20
Pretending

The opponent served it and we received it with a bump and the ball went back to them again. Jihye wrongly and strongly spiked it and..

OMG! It was so sudden when the ball directly goes to the direction of Sujeong. It was too late for Sujeong to avoid the ball and her head was vigorously smashed by the ball. She ended up being slumped on the ground.

Everyone stopped with what just happened. I hurriedly stepped forward to Sujeong but someone gets ahead of me and it's.. uhm, Taehyung.

He directly went to Sujeong and helped her sit up straight, by holding her back to give her guidance. Sujeong just plastered an emotionless face and it seems like she was not hurt at all.

But her nose is bleeding. Taehyung immediately got his hanky from the pocket of his jogging pants and put it at the bottom of the nose of Sujeong to prevent it from streaming.

Before Ms. Junghwa could speak to tell us to bring Sujeong to the infirmary, Taehyung quickly carried Sujeong in a bridal style and dashed his way to the infirmary.

Aww. Look what love can do. Taehyung is obviously worried about Sujeong and all of a sudden, someone just grabbed my hand and said,

"The third set has ended, let's put band aids on your scratches."

I casted my look at that person and expectedly found out that it was Jungkook. "W-whaㅡ" Before I could speak, he abruptly dragged me towards the covered court.

"Wh-why are we heading to the covered court?" I asked but he didn't even bother to answer. I didn't look back to where Ms. Junghwa and my classmates are because of embarrassment. Imagine, the known cold but hot devil of Mystic, Jeon Jungkook, just dragged a plain simple and nobody, Jeong Yein, out of the class.

I know, their jaws are dropped and their eyes are just following our way.

"I can't believe this. Jungkook? Being like that?"

"But they look cute though. It's our first time seeing Jungkook being expressive like that. It's a good thing after all."

"You're right, guys. He really changed," Ms. Junghwa commented. And what? Changed? He really did change? Even Ms. Junghwa is surprised with him. Omg.

"Argh, damn that fucking slutty, flirty and ugly Yein." I know you already know who said that. Who else do you think is salty about me?

"Hey, Boyfriend. Look what you made. They are talking about us now," I said in the midst of walking. I just let him drag me even if I don't know the reason why he's doing this.

"Yeah, I know. Just what I expected," he sparingly replied.

He's right. It's already expected that they will react in that way when Jungkook did something so new in front of them.

"But why are you dragging me?" I innocently asked.

"We decided not to play volleyball, but basketball instead. In a second, they will also go to the covered court now," he simply answered.

"You didn't answer my question. I'm asking why you are dragging me and we're going there ahead of them when we can just go with them."

"To put band aids on your scratches," he straightforwardly said. Damn. Why is he being like this? This is really not him. It's so unusual to see him like this.