26: WARMNESS

CHAPTER 26
Warmness

JANUARY ended as easy as snapping our fingers. That unpleasant month finally ended peacefully. After the incursion happened, Mystic became more alert and aware. Well, that was the first time the school was raided. Though the students are now looking fine today but the memory of it will never leave our minds.

And after that battle, I started to avoid him as much as possible. Perhaps because of the reason that I might get the wrong signal? Wrong signal from his actions. I've been thinking about it lately and I haven't found the exact and right answer yet. I'm afraid that I might get the wrong answer. It's too painful to assume things.

I know, he has been suspicious about me acting like this towards him. But this is for the sake of my innocent heart from his dangerous and fatal game.

Like he is acting as if he's really my boyfriend even if it's not necessary at all. When we are alone, he sometimes acts as if he's my boyfriend. Hell, we just need to act in front of the students and of my mom. That's it. Only in that situation but argh! Let's just not talk about it first.

It's our schedule on M.S today and we are here right now.

So basically, the case that we are assigned in is all about the women who were found missing. The missing women all resided in the same street. They believe that there's only one culprit in all these sudden disappearance of the women.

The reason why they believe that there is only one culprit is that all the women missing show the same obvious characteristics.

They are all white-skinned women, gorgeously beautiful, long-legged, have fine curved figures and whatsoever great physical features that a model has.

It's the 5th time that a woman went missing. Luckily, there was a witness to this case. We are now going to a police station to question the witness.

We are in the van at the moment and I felt a pair of eyes looking at my direction. Thanks to my peripheral vision and I was able to notice it.

"Are you mad?"

I casted my eyes on him as he asked that.

"No," I answered expressionlessly. I seemed not to be in the mood with the way I replied so he just let me be.

The girls and boys set their eyes on us when they sensed something tension between us.

"Did you two fight?" Sujeong whispered in my ears. I just shook my head as my response that we didn't.

I tiringly closed my eyes to take a nap for awhile. Am I really sure with this now?

****

"He was wearing a black hoodie. He was really covered and I was not able to see his face because he was facing his back on me. I just saw him hitting the girl, he punched her stomach and the girl saw me so she asked for a help. I courageously tried to fight the guy but he was holding a steel with him. I tried to fight him but I ended up being hit on my head. But before I could lost my consciousness, I saw him punch the girl again and the girl fainted. Afterwards, he carried her and went away and I don't know what happened next."

I keenly observed his expressions and actions as he said that and he seemed serious about it.

"But he's this tall," he said and motioned his hand in the air, trying to show us how tall the culprit is. "Probably 182cm and his body looked manly," he continued.

We are not able to close this case today since we haven't found enough evidence and the suspect yet.

"Hey."