27: COLDNESS

CHAPTER 27
Coldness

MONDAY. It's been weeks since we.. uhm, broke up? Well, we broke up but not for real. We just ended our acting. We didn't actually plan for a date when this pretending will end. Plus, he said that we will just tell each other if we want to stop it already.

And I already asked us to stop the acting.

"What are we? Why are we being like this? What is the meaning of this? Why are we acting like this? Why are we acting as if..," I paused for awhile because of the heavy feeling. "Why are we acting as if it was not for pretending at all?"

Before he could speak, I continued talking.

"Why did you say that you missed me? Why did you kiss me when we were at the orphanage? Why did you answer yes when I asked you if you want me to like you instead? Why do you always get furious when I'm hurt? Why do you always protect me as if I'm a precious thing that you own? Why do you always act like a jealous boyfriend when I'm with someone else? Why are your hugs making me feel comfortable? Why are your actions making me fall slowly by slowly? Why are you doing all these things? I don't want to put any malicious thought to it but why? For damn's sake, we are just pretending yet you act as if you're really my boyfriend even if it's unnecessary."

He looked stunned but with that deadpan face. He seemed to try to read what's on my mind but I never let him get an answer.

He's not answering and I feel more embarrassed and mad. I just turned around and walked away. Damn. I just want an answer.

Damn.

I was stiffened when I felt his arms swirled around my waist. His head is just closed to my head. I can feel his defined chest on my back. Damn. And his palpitations makes me have these wildest palpitations too.

This. I don't understand why he is like this.

I held his hands as I tried to unclasped it from hugging me behind my back.

"Just like this. Why will you suddenly hug me like this? This is too much. I will just end up hurting myself. Let's just end this acting. Let's break up..."

"Even if we weren't in a relationship in the first place."

He tightened the hug but I was still able to free myself.

I walked away. Leaving him. And instead of feeling like a thorn was removed from my heart, it feels like more thorns were drowned deeper. Even if I'm already facing my back I can still picture out his addicting sorrowful depth look that he's giving to me as he said, "You're a liar. You didn't trust me. I told you that I will fall with you. I told you that we will fall together...

But you hold onto a rope and let me fall alone by myself."

And I felt the warmness of the tears streaming down from my eyes.

I stopped from walking because of what he said. What is he trying to say? I can't move. My knees are wobbling that I would fall anytime.

I was about to turn to see him but as soon as I turned, he's already facing his back on me and is ready to walk away but before that..

"Okay, then. If that's what you want."

And we parted ways afterwards. The day after that, we just acted normally as how it should be. Rumours were spread out in a flash that we had broken up. I admittedly answered yes and some started hating me and some are thanking me for letting their sweetheart go.