35: I FELT THE VICTORY

CHAPTER 35
I felt the Victory

So if you're out there I swear to be good to you
But I'm done lookin' for my future someone
'Cause when the time is right you'll be here,
But for now, dear No One,
This is your love song
Ooh, oh, oh

I was looking at him the whole time I'm singing the song. I never bothered to mind what their reactions are, as long as I have said what I wanted to say to him.

He is also staring at me and after I sang, he curved his lips into a sincere and admiring smile.

The ambiance was in serenity, everyone successfully put themselves into it. I turned my head on my right side as realizations came in. I just humiliated myself. Oh God.

Before anyone could speak in this awkward situation, Ms. Minjoong came and stole their attention.

"Who wants to grill the beef?"

"Me!" Tzuyu said while the others just raised their hands. They get their feet off the pool and dashed out.

Eventually, everyone decided to leave. Except Jungkook, who is a meter away from me and is still sitting and letting his feet rest in the water.

After seconds, in my peripheral vision, I saw him standing up. Okay, he will now also leave.

But I was wrong.

He stood up and make his way towards my spot. He sat down beside me. Not even letting an inch to exist in between us.

I moved a bit because it's too uhm awkward, but he still moved closer to me. I moved again, he moved close again too. I moved again but before he could move closer again, I already set him a glare.

"You just trespassed my personal space."

"Okay, sorry, Girlfriend," he said and moved a bit to give me space.

"You're calling me girlfriend again, huh?" I said and looked at my feet on the water.

"Yeah," he replied.

"But you know we're not pretending anymore. So why are you still calling me that?"

"I don't know, too. How's life, by the way? Have you been dating someone since we broke up our fake relationship?"

Wow. This is so new and very unusual. We are casually having a conversation right now. Here, in the pool, him and me, just the two of us.

"I got no time for that," I said. "How 'bout you? How are you and Jihye?"

He quickly gave me a what-are-you-talking-about look.

"What?" He unbelievably asked.

"I ask how are you and Jihye? Are you guys dating?"

"Hell no," he quickly answered.

Okay. I suddenly felt relieved? Oh my Gosh, Jeong Yein.

"I heard Seongwoo is courting you," he opened up a topic.

"Ah yes."

"Why did you let him court you?" And he sounded like a jealous guy.

"I don't know, too. Maybe I was just so bothered and loaded with massive emotions that time that I wasn't thinking properly," I honestly said. Remember during the visiting of booth, when he dragged me out of the tent when I was about to go to Seongwoo, when I called him out many times, but he didn't even look back, I was deeply hurt that time. But Seongwoo was there and he timingly asked me.