33: SCHOOL FESTIVAL DAY 3

CHAPTER 33
School Festival Day 3

When my eyes clearly saw what the two did, it abruptly clenched my heart. It was too hard for me to breathe properly. Seconds passed, I suddenly felt myself numb.

Yes. Like I was never hurt at all. It was so sudden, seriously. It's like my heart already reached its peak and that it can't feel anything anymore.

I blankly faced back at the mirror as my makeup and hair artists continued assisting me. We are finally at the last portion of the pageant, the Q and A and the exposition of our evening gowns.

I glanced at the wall clock and it's already 11PM. I'm already feeling sleepy but I'm just fighting myself because the pageant will end too soon, so I just need to be patient.

When I heard some footsteps coming from the outside of the room, I quickly got my earphones and plugged it onto my ears.

I don't want to hear anything, but eventually, even if the sounds coming from my earphones are loud, I could still hear their voices.

"It was a nice performance, Jungkook. Thank you so much," she said and I heard a sound of a twitching lips.

What the hell. Did she just kiss him? I'm closing my eyes right now that's why I didn't see them, but damn, did she really kiss him again?

Patience, Jeong Yein. Ignore them as much as you can. Ignore his presence. Ignore him. IGNORE.

Two gentle knocks were heard from the door that caught everyone's attention. The door creaked open and it revealed Sujeong.

She's holding a bouquet. And it's my favourite flower. Baby breath flower.

She approached to my spot and gave me the flower. I was startled when she gave it to me. "You can do it, Yein! Fighting!" She said and immediately left the room. I haven't even thanked and asked her yet where this flower came from.

I noticed a card on the bouquet so I decided to take a look at it. A smile slowly climbs up on my lips when I read what's written on the card.

"Whoever is reading this, always remember that you're beautiful.

ㅡ Seongwoo"

"Do you have a pencil?"

Gosh? What is Seongwoo doing here? Why is he hugging me right now?

I shook my head to response on his question.

"Do you have a ballpen?" He asked again and just shook my head.

Why is he asking me for a pencil and a ballpen in this situation? Can't he see that I'm currently suffering in pain right now?

"Then what about a boyfriend?"

"Nonㅡ"

And that froze me on my place. What did he just ask?

"I like you, Yein, since the first time I saw you. I know this sounds cheesy and cringey but I can't get you off my mind. I want to court you, Yein. Please allow me to."

I was too stunned and shocked to move. Did he just confess?

I don't know why but I answered...

"Okay, yes. I will give you a chance."

Is this coincidence? He gave me my favourite flower. I never thought he could be this sweet person.