[what makes the red man red.]

FRANKENSTEIN
02 | What Makes the Red Man Red.

"WHAT makes the red man red? Let's go back a million years, to the very first Injun prince! He kissed a maid and start to blush, and we all been blushin' since!" The television cried out.

I hummed along to the Disney song softly as I sat on the sofa. I was watching a movie titled 'Peter Pan', and to say it was good was an understatement. This was one of the most enjoyable cartoons I had seen.

Earlier that day Alice had insisted we celebrate my birthday with a 'birthday party.' I had seen plenty of birthday parties on the television, but I never imagined I'd get one myself! I even had a cake!

Despite me being a carnivore, sugar still called out to me. It was quite a delicious cake, but the Quileute's seemed to be the only ones who were hungry, along with Renesmee. Now that I thought about it I don't think I've ever seen any of the Cullen's, other than Renesmee eat. But who was I to judge, I only eat meat and sugar.

Rosalie and Emmett had been the ones to supply me with 'Peter Pan' along with an entire supply of animated films. This set included Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc, The Lion King, Toy Story, Aladdin, Bambi, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, and many more. It was their birthday present to me, which caused me an immense amount of joy.

Alice and Jasper gave me an item called an 'iPhone', even though none of the Cullen's had them themselves, they stuck with BlackBerry's. I enjoyed looking at this 'iPhone' as in my opinion, it looked very fancy.

Edward, Bella, and Renesmee all gifted me with music from multiple generations. I had listened to one particular song 'Proud Mary' as Edward had told me, and that tune put a permanent smile on my face.

The Quileute's had given me a necklace. I wasn't one for jewelry, but this piece was amazing. It was a simple chain with a wooden wolf as a charm. It was simple and perfect.

I loved all my gifts very much and was grateful for all of them as I hadn't even thought I'd be getting a present. Though I did a have a secret preference for Carlisle and Esme's gift. They had gotten me a collection of various books. The Book Thief, To Kill a Mockingbird, Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry, The Outsiders, and the one I was most excited to read; Frankenstein.

My train of thought was interrupted as the couch dipped to my left. "I love this part." Renesmee smiled watching the television intensely. I leaned my head against the cushion of the couch a tired smile spreading across my face.

"What's everyone else doing?" I questioned my eyes drooping slightly. "Well Jacob and the others just went home. Da- Edward is out with Emmett, Rosalie, and Bella taking a quick walk. Jasper and Alice are hanging out in their room, and I believe Carlisle and Esme are 'talking in Carlisle's study' if you know what I mean." Renesmee wiggled her eyebrows.

I furrowed my eyebrows not understanding the reference. "I do not understand?"

A loud boisterous laughter came from outside and Emmett soon walked in. "Emmett? I thought you were taking a walk?" I questioned.

"Yeah, but the others are slower." He gave Renesmee a look as if it was some inside joke. I watched Renesmee crack a smile before laying back casually.

"Anyways what she means is Carlisle's probably just taking his frustrations out on Esme." Emmett let out a loud laugh at the horrified look I held.

Carlisle was beating Esme up?

"Poor Esme." I whimpered feeling tears come to my eyes. That stopped both Emmett and Renesmee's laughter on the spot. "I'm pretty sure, Esme would be enjoying it?" Emmett spoke in confusion.