[highway to hell.]

FRANKENSTEIN
49 | Highway to Hell.

I could feel everything in me change. My heart pumped quick and loud, as adrenaline coursed through me. That was odd. My heart never, and I mean never pounded this fast. My body felt weird, warmer somehow.

I took a deep breath of air, and felt it flow through my lungs meaningfully. Usually when I breathed it was pointless, just air circulating through my lungs. Now though, it felt natural to breathe - as if I would suffocate if I didn't.

Birds chirped from around me and the air smelled thickly of the salty ocean breeze. I could feel myself lying on something soft, was it grass? With no hesitation my eyes flew open, assessing my surroundings.

 I could feel myself lying on something soft, was it grass? With no hesitation my eyes flew open, assessing my surroundings

Long grass was all around me, and it was quiet. Quiet, meaning there was no noise of the city, only the sounds of nature. I would recognize where I was from a mile away, considering I'd been raised in this place. I was lying in the grass of my backyard. Slowly, I stood up turning to face my back porch.

What the hell?

Looking down I was naked. I was standing in my backyard naked. A small yelp left me as I covered my body, looking around for anyone who could possibly see me. I almost slapped myself when I remembered how far away each house was from each other, no one would see me.

With a defeated sigh, I stopped covering myself - slapping my thighs irritated. I blushed tomato red when I noticed a male spirit looking at me with his mouth hanging open. Making it even more weird, I handed him an awkward wave as I made my way up to my back porch. The ghost let out a strange sound, before turning away shaking his head.

"Well that's just great." I sarcastically mumbled.

I knew exactly what happened, but I was confused as to why I was here. Naked.

Shouldn't I have been at the facility? My thoughts continued whirring as I opened the back door. Snorting to myself at my family's lack of keeping door's locked, I walked inside. The house was just as I remembered, homey. I could tell right away no one was home, as if my family was here 0 you'd no doubt hear them.

Unable to stop myself I began walking around my home, a large smile across my face as everything was just as I remembered. Once, I got to the kitchen my stomach seemed to growl loudly, informing me that the last time I had food was who knows how long ago.

Not bothering to find clothes I raided the refrigerator for something to eat. Taking a bottle Apple Cider out, I drank from it - my thirst far surpassing the need for a cup. Next, was the pantry. I wasn't thinking when I grabbed a bag of Cheetos and began stuffing my face. It wasn't until half way through, when I froze - realizing this wasn't meat.