[everybody wants to rule the world.]

FRANKENSTEIN
06 | Everybody wants to rule the World.

Love.
An intense feeling of affection.

The word; love, held many different meanings. Maybe you loved a mother, sister, brother, friend, partner? I knew for a fact that I loved the Cullen's, all differences aside they were the closest thing I had to a family.

According to Alice, the Volturi would be here by six o'clock precisely. They would all be meeting up in a field which was surrounded by the woods. Not too far from the Cullen's home, luckily. My thoughts had continuously drifted to Aro Volturi.

Even though the Cullens had spoken negatively about him on multiple occasions, I couldn't help but be excited to meet him. I mean this was the leader of the Volturi, and he was my mate. My mate. What an odd word; mate.

As I sat at the Cullen's kitchen table my eyes rested to the outside world, completely fixated on the overcast weather.

It seemed like it was always raining here in Elkins. It was rare that we got any sun, but I didn't mind. I would take the overcast any day over the windowless walls of the facility.

"We're going to head out now, the Volturi will be here soon." Esme placed a gentle hand on my shoulder causing me to turn around. All the Cullen's stood there looking at me with sullen expressions.

"Okay, how long do you think you'll be?" I questioned giving them all a smile.

"An hour at most, we'll call you once we're on our way back with the Volturi," Edward informed me. I glanced at the phone Jasper and Alice had gifted me before returning my gaze back to the Cullen's.

I nodded my red hair bouncing slightly as I did. Esme immediately engulfed me in a hug. Despite Esme's body temperature her hugs always seemed to warm me up. After she pulled away Renesmee was next. The other's followed, each giving me a hug, Carlisle being last.

As soon as Carlisle wrapped me into a fatherly hug I let out a deep breath. "We'll be back soon, okay. If anything happens, call me." He told me a compassionate look on his face. Since the chip had been turned off yesterday, odd things had been happening. My mind had been more active, meaning higher senses, and a knack for accidentally causing things to randomly start floating.

I gave Carlisle a small nod and watched as everyone filed out the door. Jacob and the rest of his pack would be meeting them at the field. For the next few minutes, I simply sat quietly to myself, thinking about what would happen when the Cullen's and the Volturi return.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the song 'Proud Mary' began blasting. Because of my newfound love for the song, Edward placed it as my ringtone. I answered the call without checking who it was, expecting it to be one of the Cullens.

"Hello?" I brought the phone to my ear, picking at my nails.

"Frankie! You need to listen to me!" Came the voice of Laura through my phone.

"Oh, hello Laura! I didn't know you had my number, how are you?" I questioned politely a smile on my face.

"Frankie! I'll explain once I get there, but right now I need you to pack a small bag of clothes, quickly. Is Carlisle around? I tried calling him, but he hasn't answered." Laura's voice frantically came through the sound of tires squealing as well as an engine flooring sounding.