Start Talking

I was sitting there, waiting for Victor and Yuri to get done with practice. I've been with them for over a week now, I sorta ebjoyed it, but felt guilty about it at the same time. Why was I such a mess? I was effecting everyone's life around me. Couldn't I just deal with everythinf on my own? No you can't. A voice I thought I never had echoed in my head. I couldn't do this on my own. I've tried to do so before, and it doesn't work. If I do let people help this time might be the last time.

"What are you doing here twerp?" a voice said. I knew there was almost a 100% probability of runbing into Yura here. I wanted to see him. I knew this is what our relationship has been reduced to, barely aquantences. He helped me when I needed him, now he knows what a mess I am. I get that he doesn't want to be around me anymore.

"Waiting for Victor and Yuri," I shrugged, hiding all my struggles from him. He was the cause of them all. If only I could convince him to come back into my life, I might be able to function wirhout inflictig myself pain. I knew it was pointless. He didn't need me, he had someone else.

"They left fifteen minutes ago," a voice I wasn't expecting to hear told me. Otabek Altin. I wasn't expectinf him to be in Russia. I groaned, they were plabbing something. They were the ones that made mw come to meef them here after classes.

"Great," I sighed, and spun, ready to walk back to the apartment on my own. I should have actually been happy, they trusted me enough to walk on my own.

"Oh, I actually have something to ask you," Yura stopped me. I turned around and looked at him with a sour look but pleading eyes. I was I sure what it could be. "Can I skate to one of your songs for my free skate?" Of course it wasn't anything like I was hoping.

"Sure I just need to know which one, and I'll get the proper paper work to show you have my promition," I said and walked out. It was actually pretty easy to do. At least I knew he still liked my music. I heard some muffled argument behind me as I walked away.

"Akira, we were going out to get something to eat, want to join us?" Otabek asked me. I wanted to spend time with Yura again, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to become between him and Otabek, they were pretty close.

"I should really get back to Yuri," I sorta denied, not really sure what would happen if we did all go. "He's really been worried about me recently." I started nervously scratching myself before I reminded myself to stop.

"He sounds more like your mom than your brother," Yura scoffed. That was probably the statement that explained our entire relationship. "Just text him, if he worries, that's his problem." It looked like I had no say in it and I was pulled out of the rink by the two males. I followed behind the two as they talked. It didn't even feel like I was part of the group.

"How long are you in Russia for?" Otabek asked me, breaking out of my pity filled thoughts.

"Oh, I'm going to college here," I told him, "But I might stay here after I graduate, since Yuri's here. But I got some time to figure that out." Years actually. Also needed to take into account how often I would see Yura.

"Oh, St Petersburg Institute of Music and Dance?" he asked, with a bit of emotion in his voice. "If I hadn't gone into skating I would have wanted to go there."

"Is it really that good?" Yura complained, confused why both of us held that school to sigh high a claim.

I just ignored his comment. He was the one who originally ignored me, so I can ignore him. "Actually it's merging with the acting school, so the name is changeing to The St Petersburg School of the Preforming Arts." Sometimes it was fun having all the gossip over others.

Otabek and I continued to talk about music stuff. I learned he was a DJ as a hobby, excitinf me. They were born confused, thinking I wouldn't like stuff like that, even though I love digital music and remixes. No I loved all music. "Can we talk about somethinf else, I have no idea what you're talking about," Yura complained. It wasn't like we had just gotten food.

"Awe is the little Yurochka sad he can't be part of the conversation," I teaed home out of habit. It already felt like we bever grew apart. But I knew we'd part our ways after today and not contact eachother. He huffed into the chair he was in.

"So, what are you're plans for this skating season?" Otabek asked me. Honestly I only practice for a week, then haven't since.

"Um, I'm not really sure," I confessed, "We don't wabt to start until Im ready, whocj will probably be when school let's out for summer break. But then I have that..." Honestly I had no idea what we were doing. With all the free time though I managed to pick out my free skate and shoet program songs. So just needed to refine them, or not. Im still not sure.

"Honestly you could go out on the ice with no practice and still won't gold," Yura mumbled. I was not expecting a compliment. "You're that good." I blushed at his compliment.

"I think she did that at the Grand Prix Final last year," Otabek said, with pure sincerity.

"Basically," I shrugged. None of us talk a lot, so that seemed to be the end of the conversation.