Chapter 1: Excuse Me Miss

I don't know your name but excuse me miss I saw you from across the room And I got to admit that you got my attention You're making me want to say yo I know you're trying to leave but excuse me miss I saved the last dance for you How I love to keep you here with me oh baby
-Chris Brown

...

Monday November 1st
Los Angeles California
Ashanti pov

"Move, I'mma be late!" I yelled at my bother as I tried to walk out my room but he blocked me in.

"Can you please watch Jr. After school?" He asked referring to his son.

"Whats in it for me?" I asked him looking at him.

"Money." He said reaching in his pocket and pulled out at 50 and slapped it in my hand and I smiled.

"Yeah I'll watch him but he coming to the mall with me." I said and he nodded and looked me up and down?

"What the hell you got on?" He asked rasing his eyebrows.

"Clothes, now move I'mma be late!" I said again and he just stood there.

"Go change, you anit leaving the house like that." He said and I sighed and pushed him hard and made him move and I walked to my mom room.

"Ma I'm finna leave for school." I said standing in her doorway as she sat at her vanity doing her make up.

"Ok baby love you." She said and blew me a kiss.

"Love you too." I said and did the same and Cario came up behind me.

"Didn't I tell you bean head ass to go change." His deep voice said pushing passed me and going to sit on her bed.

"You keep saying shit I'mma knock yo ass out." I said chuckling and he flicked me off and my mom turned around and slapped him in the back of his head. "That's what you get." I said laughing and she looked at me.

"los dos yall cerrar la boca o imma golpear a ambos de todos ustedes oyen." (both of yall shut the hell up or imma knock both of yall out ya hear) she said looking at us and I sighed and walked out the room.

...

I'm Ashanti Gonzalez, I'm a 17 year old seinor almost 18. Obviously I live with my mom and older brother and his son. I've never knew my dad, he went to jail when I was younger and I don't know why, my mom and brother do but they never told me, all I know is he was half black and half Puerto Rican, just like my mom and obviously me and my brother. His baby momma was black but she died giving birth to Jr.

I can't wait to get out of Highschool and go to Harvard. Yes they already accepted me and so did USC and UCLA but I'm sick of Cali. I've been here my whole life and I just want to leave and start fresh. My mom wants me to stay home but I think otherwise.

I walked out of AP Calculus and my best friend gabby was sitting outside waiting on me.

"Omg bitch you need to get my grades up so I can get in them AP classes like you, witcho smart ass, I see you being valedictorian." She said and I laughed as we walked to my locker.

"I do this shit is driving me up the fucking wall." I said and I put my books and stuff in it and she put her book in my locker too.

"Man who you telling can't wait to get out this bitch." She said and I laughed and I heard our names being called.

"Shati, Gabby!" Trey said walking up to us. We all was real close in middle school but Trey grew up before us and we just fell off. I'm not saying I haven't grown up because trust me I have.

"Oh you know us now." Gabby said smartly and he chuckled.

"Don't act like that." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"We anit acting we the realest they get." I said looking at him and one of his friends walked up with his . He was cute, tall, light skinned, curly black hair, high cheek bones with freckles splatter on them and full pink lips. We made eye contact and then I looked at trey girl friend Erica who I knew since 10th grade.

Chris pov

Wassup y'all my name is Christopher but I go by Chris. I'm the next NBA star and the nigga yo bitch love. I'm a 17 year old senior and the captian of the basketball team.

I walked up to Trey with some chick that I had my arm around and Trey girlfriend, Erica.

I can't lie one of the girls he was taking to was sexy as hell. She was light skinned about 5'3 long black hair and had a bad ass body. We made eye contact and then she looked at Erica.

"Wassup boo." She said and to Erica and they hugged.

"Hey girl." She said and Erica said back smiling.

"Well we gotta head to lunch so come on shanti." The other girl said and they walked away.

"Ayo niggas let's head to McDonald's or some shit so I can get high." Tyga said walking up with the rest of the crew.

"Ight I'm down." Trey said and grabbed Erica hand and we walked walked out to our cars and shit.

...

We all sitting outside of McDonald's eating and getting high and shit. This my favorite part of the day, lunch. I get to chill get high and listen to music. After school I always have to go to work and I can't lie I fucking hate it but shit I got to pay off my bentley.

"Aye y'all we got 5 minutes to get back to school!" Ma nigga Red yelled and he all jumped up and then ran back to the cars and all got in either my car, Tyga's, Trey's or August's and we sped back to school.

If I'm late again I get benched at the game on Friday and I anit trying to had that.