Chapter 16: Winner

Girl, baby I just can't believe that every time you come around I start losing my breath, I'm tripping over myself cause you hitting me, hitting me Oh girl, baby it's so plain to see that you got the best of me, so I'm throwing in the towel, baby I bow out Let it breathe, hah hah, oh Baby, you're a winner Didn't even take ya twelve round to do it You got the title now I'mma tell the whole world to give it up for my girl
- Chris Brown
...

Ashanti pov

Trey walked back into the holding cell with the rest of us from being questioned and all I can think is what the fuck.

"Ashanti Gonzalez come." The lady said and I stood up from by Chris and walked off with her into another room and I sat at the table across from another police men.

"So Ashanti did you know that the house belong to a missing person?" He asked me.

"No I didn't." I said and he chuckled.

"Look I question all your friends already and they all told me the truth, that you-" He started and I cut him off and chuckled.

"Look sorry to tell you but I'm not stupid I watch enough stuff in TV to know y'all do this shit and try to play everyone against eachother but I know they didn't say I did anything because I did nun of us dis." I said looking at him. "We're from Florida and we just on Vacation for thanksgiving." I said. "That's all I know, that's all we know." I said.

He just stared at me and I stared back. I guess he thinks he intimidate me.

"So when can I get my phone call." I said and he stood up and gestured for me too and I did and we walked out the room and over to a phone.

I picked it up and dailed my mom number.

"Ashanti why the hell are you calling me from a police station!?" She said.

"Ma long story short, we accidentally rented a house that belonged to a missing person and now they think we got something to do with it." I said.

"How could this shit happen I just talked to you not that long ago." She said.

"I know, but can you wire us some bail money." I said and she sighed.

"How much?" She asked me.

"14 grand." I said.

"Ashanti how the hell." She said.

"Please." I begged.

"Ight but you better tell me everything when you get here." She said and I nodded. "What's all the kids name so I know." She asked.

"Tremaine Neverous, Christopher Brown, Gabriella Heart, Michael Stevenson, and Erica Thomas and August Alsina and me." I said

"Ight." She said.

"Ok thanks got to go love you." I said.

"Love you too." I said and hung up.

I followed the police men back to the holding cell with everyone else and sat back down next to Chris on the cold metal bench.

"My mom sending money to bail us out." I said.

"They gave you a phone call?" Trey said and I nodded. "Racist bitches." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"You good?" Chris asked me and I nodded.

"How we go get back home?" Erica said. "All our shit is at the house and police probably took that shit over." She added on.

"No they will have to let us get our stuff, and we got all-Round tickets." Trey said.

"But that mean we won't be able to get on a plane til Monday." I said.

"We can exchange them and get new ones." Chris said.

"Get up, y'all have been bailed out" One off the officers said.

...

The Uber pulled up at the house and it was police everywhere.

"Excuse me y'all can't go in there." One of them said.

"Yeah they can to collect all there things." Another said walking up. "I just got word from the station." She said and walked off.

...

"I still can't believe this shit happened we anit even been here for 24 hours and Thanksgiving is tomorrow." I said packing my stuff.

"I know right this shit fucked up." Chris said. "I'll pay your ma back." He said.

"No it's fine." I said and he zipped up is suitcase. "Can you help me zip mine up." I asked and he laughed and walked over and I sat on it and he zipped it.

He grabbed my suitcase and I grabbed my phone and we walked out the room downstairs with everyone else.

...

We got on the plane and Chris sat by the window and I sat on the aisle seat and laid my head on him.

"This trip was fucking ruined." Tyga said.

"Man swear, Trey who you rent this shit from?" August asked from behind me and Chris to Trey who was sitting across from us.

"This nigga that go by T, I don't know his real name." Trey said and Gabby smaked her lips.

"Nigga are you serious?" She said.

"Yeah." Trey said.

"That's dumb as hell Trey." Erica said.

"Aye y'all can all shut the fuck up, I'm tried." He said.

"Well nigga it is yo fault." I added on.

"Man dis me with that shit." He said and I sat back and signed and looked at Chris. "Hey my sexy nigga." I said quitely smiling at him and he smiled back.

"Hey my beutiful woman." He said and smiling back at me and my phone vibrated in my lap.

Dad: Hey how's your trip

I read it and chuckled and showed Chris.

"I'm not even going to reply to that right now I'll tell him later." I said and he looked at me.

"I'm happy you and your dad are talking." He said and I sighed.

"What happened to your dad?" I asked him.

"Shit, I don't even know, I know and remember who he is but my mom just told me he raped some girl and she called the police but he ran, and he never got caught." He said and I nodded.

"Well at least you know about your fathers passed, I don't know anything, well I don't remember anything." I said chuckling.

"You lucky, I sometimes wish I didn't know, it hurts me sometimes to know my dad would do that to someone, when he had my mom, a full grown woman, what the fuck did he want to do with a little girl." He said.

"How old we she?" I asked him.

"I don't know she was under at least 5." He said and I nodded.

"Well at least your nothing like him." I said smiling and he pecked my lips and looked at me as I stared back.

"Why you do that to me?" He asked me and I smiled.

"Do what?" I asked him confused.

"Give me that look." He said licking his lips.

"What look?" I asked him and he smiled. "I look at you normally." I said smiling bigger.

"Your eyes have a sparkle when you look to me." He said. "I like it." He said and smiled.

"Thanks I guess, but all I do is look, you think you special don't you?" I said laughing.

"Aye baby just in case you anit know, I am special...in a good way, I know you only look at me like that because I make you happy and shit, and the thing is you anit even met CJ yet so I just can't wait to see your face afterwards." He said and I chuckled as he smirked and I playfully rolled my eyes.