Chapter 23: Stuck On Stupid

They say everybody plays the fool sometimes And if I got to, I don't mind
I'll be the best damn fool for you, no lie And girl I lose it every time There's something about you, baby And I swear that it drives me crazy I'm stuck on you baby, stuck on you baby
And I might need help, 'cause I can't think of nothing else You got me stuck on stupid, stuck on stupid for you
Look what you do to me
      -Chris Brown
...

The next day (Thrusday January 15)
Ashanti pov

I walked up too Gabby in the food court holding her gifted as she stood there in her phone.

"Baby birthday bitch." I said and hugged her and she looked at me and smiled.

"Thanks boo." She said and I gave her the presents.

"Bitch what's this some new Jordans?" She asked and looked in the Footlocker bag.

"Yeah, I brought them for you but I also know that I'mma wear them." I said and she smiled and hugged me.

"See this why I love yo dumb ass." She said.

"I love you too, but I'm not on break and didn't clock out so let me get back I'll see you after work." I said and hugged her again and we went our separate ways.

I walked back in the store and saw falica talking to Chris as he engaged in the conversation and was smiling at her and shit. I walked over to them and he stopped talking and looked at me.

"What's this conversation about? Y'all look interested." I said fake smiling.

"I'll call you later chris." She said and walked away and he smiled as she did.

"Really chris." I said looking up at him.

"What?" He asked clueless.

"So it's ok to talk to other bitches and flirt with them, and at that in front of me?" I said to him and he sighed.

"I wasn't flirting, we was having a civil conversation and that's all." He said and I looked at him and folded my arms.

"So what she go call you about?" I asked him shifting all my wait to my right side and looked up at him.

"So we can't talk as friends?" He asked me.

"Hell naw, you being a little to friendly with that bitch and I don't like that." I said walking away and he grabbed my arm.

"Naw go talk to yo 'friend', I got to work." I said and snatched away from him and he grabbed me again roughly.

"Ashanti you go stop walking away from me." He said as he held my arm and I just looked at him.

"Let me go I'm not doing this shit with you." I said and she chuckled.

"Give me a kiss." He said and I smiled and rolled my eyes and walked away.

...

I got home and took off my shoes and everything and my nephew ran up to me TT. I missed this little boy I feel like I haven't seen him for the longest.

"Wassup little one." I said picking him up and walked in the livingroom to see my brother in the mirror. "Boy because you not cute." I said laughing and he flipped me off. "Where mom and where you going?" I asked him.

"Ma at work and I'm finna go out." He said. "So you babysitting." He said and I nodded. I got nothing better to do.

...

"What you want, you not with you 'friend'?" I asked Chris as I let him in as I smiled

"Don't act like that." He said and smiled. "I brought pizza and candy." He said smiling.

"For your 'friend' or me?" I asked him smiling being petty and he laughed.

"You baby." He said and we walked in the living room. "Wassup little man." Chris said to my nephew as he sat on the couch drinking out of his sipping cup in his spider Man pajamas.

I sat down next to him and covered us up with the cover and Chris sat down and I laid my head on his shoulder as Jr said on my lap.

"So this what y'all been doing?" Chris asked me as he looked at Mickey mouse on the TV.

"Yeah." I said and looked down at Jr and saw he was half sleep. "This our show." I said smiling.

"Or is it yours because little man look like he sleep." He said and I chuckled and looked at him.

I sat up and picked him up and turned off the TV.

"Grab the food and stuff." I told him and he did and I ran upstairs holding Jr and he followed me. Chris walked to my room as I took Jr to his room and put him in bed and then closed his door leaving his night last light and TV on.

I walked back to the room and Chris was laying on the bed. I walked over and climbed over but kept my distance from him.

"Shanti don't play with me." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not playing." I said looking at whatever was on TV.

"Then bring yo sexy ass closer." He said and tried to pick me up to move me closer but I moved his hands. "Ashanti why the hell is you mad, it bet not be over that shit that happened earlier." He said smaking him lips.

"Yes Chris I am, you fucking flirted with another chick in front of me." I said looking at him.

"Man I anit even finna argue with you call me when you not acting like a bitch." He said stood up and so did I and I walked over to him.

"What did you just say?" I asked him. "You did not just call me a bitch." I said chuckling.

"Well yo ass acting like one." He said and I just started hitting him.

"That is not what my momma named me chris, don't call me out my fucking name." I said hitting him and he blocked each hit and grabbed me and pinned me on the bed and held my arms.

"Stop hitting me Shanti." He said sternly.

"Stop acting like a fucking hoe chris." I said and he just stood up and walked out my room with his stuff.