Chapter 6: Wanna Be

Imagine that the pillow that you cried on was my chest, and the tissue that you wiped your face with was my hand. Girl, imagine: if you needed advise about some other guy, I'm the one that comes to mind. Not tryna hear you tell nobody that I'm just a friend, just trying to make sure I'm that body that you call your man.
     -Chris Brown

The next day (Friday November 5th)
Ashanti pov

As I was walking down the hall I met up with Chris as Gabby followed.

"Shanti." He said and caught my attention.

"Wassup?" I asked him and he threw his arm around me.

"I got good and bad news." He said and I stopped walking and looked at him. "Ok good news is you got the job you start Monday." He said.

"Aye let's get it thanks." I said smiling and then he frowned.

"Bad news is I didn't get a B." He said and I just looked at him. "Ya boy got a A." He said and I smiled and smaked my lips.

"Why the fuck you lie to me like that." I said and he hugged me and laughed.

"Thanks shorty." He said and I took in his sent as my face got barried in his chest. "You go come to the game?" He asked me.

"I don't really do that stuff." I said and he chuckled and Gabby did too.

"Girl you better go, ya man want you there." She said and I blushed and he smiled and chuckled.

"I'll be there 7 right?" I asked him and he nodded and I smiled and so did Gabby. "We'll be there." I said. Smiling and he kissed my cheek and ran off.

"Ou someone got a kiss." Gabby said smiling as we walked.

"Girl shut up it was nothing, we just friends and that's all we go be." I said and she smiled.

...

"Hey mommy." I said walking in the house.

"Hey babygirl how was school she said and got off the couch and walked in the kitchen and I followed her.

"Good, tonight I'mma head out for a basketball game." I told her.

"Chris's basketball game?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I said blushing as she started to cook dinner.

"What's up with y'all?" She asked me smiling.

"Nothing we friends." I said smiling and she smriked.

"You forgot I was your age once." She said and I laughed. "Um don't you have to watch jr. Tonight, yo brother got a date and I picked up an extra shift." She said and I sighed in annoyance.

"He just  go have to come with me." I said and walked out the kitchen and up to my room. It was going on 3 so I had time for a nap.

I walked in my bathroom and took a quick shower. When I got out I slipped on some pajamas and then put my hair in a messy bun.

I walked out the bathroom and into my bedroom and laid in bed and my phone started to ring.

I picked it up and looked at it and it was a FaceTime request from Chris. I smiled and grabbed my head phones and plugged them in and then laid back down and answered and I saw his sexy face pop up.

"Hello." He said.

"Wassup." He said. "What you doing?" He asked me.

"I was finna take a nap, but you called." I said smiling and he laughed.