Chapter 2: What's My Name

The name Chris Brown from Virginia
Ask about me and they'll tell you I'm the truth with it C to the H to the R.I.S.
I know you like it mama just say yes
And if you didn’t know now you know I'm a pro and I can go on & on & on & on C to the H to the R.I.S.
I know you like it baby just say yes
And if you didn’t know now you know I'm a pro and I can go on & on & on & on
     -Chris Brown

...
Ashanti pov

I walked in the house with my nephew on my hip. I had to pick him up from daycare since my brother is where ever. I sat him down and he ran off and I sat my stuff down and walked in the kitchen and saw a note on the refrigerator.

Hey babygirl I had to go on a late business trip. I'll be home no later then tomorrow night. You know where the money is, call me if you need anything. Love you.
      -mommy

I sighed and threw it away. My mom in a very busy lady and she goes in these trips like once a month so I'm use to it.

I ran upstairs to her closet and went into her shoe box and grabbed 2 crispy 100s and then walked out into my room where I found Jr playing in my lotion.

"Jr!" I yelled and he looked up at me and smiled as he had lotion all over his face and hands as he clapped them together. He laughed and smiled and I couldn't stay mad at him.

"Ou you better be lucky you cute." I said and picked him up and walked to my bathroom and cleaned him up.

When I was done I sat him on the bed and then changed into some blue jean shorts and then threw on a white shirt and then my all white Huaraches and took my hair out my pony tail and let my natural curly hair  flow. I put on lip gloss and then grabbed Jr and then everything else and left.

...

I walked in the mall to see kids still wearing the halloween costumes from yesterday and shit. I pushed Jr in his stroller as we made it to the store I was looking for. Footlocker, I love shoes they are everything to me. I really need to be looking for a job and not shopping but I guess I'll do both.

I walked in and started looking around as Jr tried to get out his stroller. As I looked around  Jr started to cry and I sighed and took him out his stroller and looked around more as he tried to grab stuff.

"Aye don't you go to ma school?" A guy asked me and I turned around and it was the one of Trey friend.

"Yeah." I said turning around and smiling at him.

"I'm Chris, but you should know that." He said and I nodded my head.

"Ashanti, and why should I?" I asked him.

"I'm the captian of the basketball team." He said smiling and I chuckled.

"Oh cocky." I said smiling.

"Naw just confident." He said and I nodded.

"Oh well sorry, I don't really pay attention to people. I'm just trying to get passed so I can head off to college." I said.

"You a seinor too, we anit got no classes together?" He asked me.

"Naw all of mine is AP." I said smiling.

"Oh you calling my stupid." He said laughing and I chuckled.

"Your words not mine." I said and he smiled.

"Oh it's like that." He said and we laughed. "This yo son?" He asked me.

"Oh no, no no." I said and he laughed. "This my nephew." I said looking at Jr. "Say hi Jr." I said and he smiled and waved.

"Hey little man." Chris said and Jr put his head on my shoulder.

"But um can I get this in a 6." I said and grabbed a black and pink Jordan and handed it to him.

"Hopefully I'm smart enough to find it." He said smiling.

"Well I shouldn't be that bad." I said laughing.

"Yeah it shouldn't with yo small ass feet." He said laughing and walked away and I strapped Jr back in his stroller and then sat down on the bench and went threw my time line on Instagram.

"Aye you should follow me." Chris said coming back sitting down next to me with the box of shoes. "chrisbrownofficial." He added on.

"Naw I'm good you girlfriend probably go try to come for me and she probably doesn't want that." I said chuckled and he laughed.

"I anit got no girl friend." He said and I looked at him.

"Wasn't you with that girl earlier?" I asked him.

"Yeah but I didn't know her." He said and I laughed.

"So you out her thoting." I said and we laughed.

"Damn you so mean, you called me stupid and a thot and we anit even knew eachother for a hour." He said and I smiled and looked at him. "I was trying to be friends." He said and put his hand on his heart dramatically.

"I'm sorry, we can be friends." I said smiling.

"I don't need friends that's mean to me." He said smiling and I smiled back.

"Fine I'll follow you." I said searching his name and following him.

"Thanks." He said smiling and we stood up and walked over to the register and he rung me up. "What you finna get into?" He asked me and handed me my bag.

"Finna do some more shopping and look for a job." I said.

"Well we hiring here, you should apply." He said and I nodded.

"I'll think about it." I said smiling and he smiled back. "I'll see you around Chris." I said waving.

"Bye Shanti." He said smiling an I pushed Jr stroller and walked out.