Chapter 9: Should've Kissed You

Why am I mad, I don't get it, It seems like every time you give me signs, and I miss it I did it again I admit it I left you standing there, and now I regret it Seems like every time I get the chance I lose my cool and I blow it And I get all tongue tied Lost in your eyes I'm a fool and I know it.
       - Chris Brown

That night
Ashanti pov

"Ok goodnight love y'all." I said to my family and walked upstairs to my room. I stripped out of my shirt leaving me in my black lace bra. I took off my pants slipped on some basketball shorts and I heard something hit my window. I froze and looked at it and then something hit it again. I slowly walked over and looked out of it and saw Chris standing there smiling. I smiled and opened the window and looked down at him.

"Boy I know you see me getting ready for bed." I said smiling.

"Naw I only see you stripping." He said bitting his bottom lip and I looked down at my body and then realized I was still in my bra.

"One second." I said and walked to my closet and grabbed than slipped on a tank top and walked back over.

"Come outside." He said and I looked down at him.

"Nigga it's almost 12." I said and he strugged.

"Let's have some fun." He said and I smiled.

...

"Where are we?" I asked him as he parked the car. "This look like some scary movie shit." I said and he chuckled.

"We at the beach." He said smiling and I looked around and saw the ocean.

"Why it's late as hell." I said and he looked at me and smile.

"I come here, it's relaxing." He said. "With some food and a blunt this shit heaven." He said and I laughed.

"Well we have neither of those." I said and he chuckled and grabbed a bag of snacks out the back seat and sat it in my lap and he recked in the arm rest and grabbed a bag of weed.

"Aye look in there and grab a CD case." He said and I looked in the glove compartment and grabbed one and handed it to him.

"Come on." He said and climbed out the car with the stuff and I did the same.

He grabbed a blanket out the trunk and laid it across the sand and we sat down and he started to roll up and I look up at the night sky.

"Omg it's so many stars out here." I said smiling and he chuckled and looked up.

"Because it's not really allot of city lights out here." He said smiling and I smiled back at him. "Why are you single?" He asked me and I chuckled.

"Wow you don't really asked someone that." I said and he chuckled and sealed the blunt. "Well I was in a relationship with a guy, but he it was horrible, long story, I don't want to talk about it." I said looking at the water. "I really don't think relationship our for me, they don't turn out right I always end up getting fucked over." I said and he lit the blunt and hit it and passed it to me. "How bout you?" I asked him

"Well I've been in a relationship before it's just the whole thing with loyalty, it's hard to find someone that's loyal and honest, but yet a challenge, and is independent but still needs you, no offense woman aren't that original any more." He said and I passed him the blunt again.

"The same way with niggas." I said and laid back on the blanket and he did the same.

...

"Aye Shanti you up?" Chris asked me.

"Yeah wassup?" I said and sat up and he did the same as his eyes sat low.

"Let's go get in the water." He said and I laughed.

"I don't have on a bathing suit." I said and he chuckled and started to take off his shirt.

"Me neither." He said and I smiled and so did he. He stood up and helped me up and we walked over to the shore line and he started to unblucked his pants. I thought about it for a second and then started to take off my clothes.

I got down to my bra and Underwear and looked at Chris in his face and saw he was staring.

"Go I'll catch up don't look." I said and he smaked his lips and smiled and started to get in the water. I got my stuff off and joined him covering my boobs until the water was covering them.

I knew I couldn't swim I just didn't want to admit it. When the wave pushed us out farther to the deep I grabbed Chris arm.

"You straight?" He asked me.

"Hell naw, I can't swim." I said and he chuckled and pulled me closer but I tried to keep my distance so I couldn't accidentally touch 'him.'

"It's ok I got you." He said grabbing my hips pulling me closer.

"Chris I don't think we should be this-" Before I could finish my sentence we were literally body to body.

"You scared or something." He said smiling and I playfully rolled my eyes. "You know your eyes sparkle like the stars." He said smiling and I started laughing as I held on to him and he then started laughing.

"Thanks but that was the most corney pick up line ever." I said and he smiled.

"I know." He said and I smiled and so did he. We stared at each other in the eyes, his presents gave me butterflies in my stomach. He slowly leaned in and I did the same thing closing my eyes. Instead of his pink plump lips connecting with mine, they connected with my cheek. Well damn got my hopes up.

Chris pov

As I was leaning in to kiss shanti, I got nervous. What if she didn't feel the same way I felt, I didn't want her to move or push me away or make her feel uncomfortable so I quickly placed a kiss on her soft cheek. I looked at her and she had a disappointed look on her face and that's when I regeted not kissing her lips.